PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know if a steering stablizer...

400lag
07-12-2009, 04:18 PM
off a 400ex will fit an 07 450er?

cuz i cant seem to get my gibson off my 400ex to fit on my 07 with a +1 rath steering stem.

ppeengines
07-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Whats going on with it fitting on your 07? Is the clamp attaching to the stem to big or too small.

I dont condone redneck rigging anything but a quick fix one of my customers did on his stabilizer clamp that was too big for the stem was wrap some electrical around the stem enough for the clamp to clamp down tight as heck and its been working for him for the past year and a half, You actually wouldnt even notice the tape was there if you looked at it. I dont condone this but it worked for him.
And if the clamp is too small take it to a local tool and die shop and have them miil it to the OD of your stem. Should cost no more the 15$. Or if its too big ask them to make a new clamp for ya it shouldnt cost over 30$. Hope this helped you out some. I could make you one for 20$ plus shipping.Its not hard at all cuz I already have the aluminum flat stock to do it. Hit me up if you need one made.

07-12-2009, 09:13 PM
just buy a new stem cjamp...that is what i did

CNC_guy
07-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by ppeengines
take it to a local tool and die shop and have them miil it to the OD of your stem.

Take your stem if you have it handy. If not, make sure you know the correct OD of the stem....don't walk in there and tell them it's "about an inch or two, just get me something close".

I usually kindly tell customers like that to go somewhere else. Fix it and fix it right or don't waste my time.

400lag
07-13-2009, 04:22 PM
well i just went and bought a new gibson steering stab so i guess that solves that

thanks for all your input tho:D