PDA

View Full Version : looking for anyone here in Detroit lakes area w/ 250EX

tri5ron
07-12-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm looking for any member here, who has a 250EX, and is in the Detroit Lakes, MN. area.

many of the members here,(including myself), have purchased the custom CCP Steering Stabilizer, for our quads.
Everyone has been VERY happy with them, and I want to get one for my Wifes 250ex.

The gentleman who produces these fine stabilizers makes them for a few different brands and modles of quads and bikes, but he has not yet made one for mounting to a 250EX.

I have contacted him, and he has agreed to make one for me to fit onto the 250ex,
but needs me to take the necessary measurements, and angles to prototype a mount for the 250EX frame.

I am more than willing to do this, and I fully intend to do so.
My concern is that sometimes when doing this type of R&D work,...
It can be very difficult for him to visualize the same thing as I do, if he dosent have the luxury of touching and seeing the actual application, on a actual quad frame.

It would be MUCH easier for him to visualize what I am looking for, if he had a 250ex quad to work with.

This could even be a oppurtunity for you to help develop a superior product for your own 250EX.

So if ANYONE here has a 250EX, in the DETROIT LAKES, MN. area,...
and would be willing to let this gentleman take some measurements and pictures of your 250EX for the purpose of building a mount to fit the frame, and thus fitting his excellent product to the quad,....

Please PM me, and I will send you my email addy, and phone number. Hopefully we can get your quad over to him and get a custom built Stabilizer developed for our 250EX's.

I'm asking for this because it would be a little hard for me since I'm in Ca, and he is in MN.
But trust me, his Steering Stabilizer is a work of art!
MANY of us on the 400EX forum have purchased this stabilizer, and EVERYONE of us absolutely LOVES it!
I very much want one on my wifes 250EX.

check out what everyone has to say about it, on this thread from the 400EX forums...
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349366&highlight=stabilizer

Thanks,
Ron

tri5ron
07-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by hondarider11
I am sure someone will do it if he gives them a free stabelizer.
Oh I'm sure they would too. But that is not the purpose or intent of my request here.
I am not expecting anything for free from the gentleman who builds these stabilizers.

I will be very happy to pay for it, knowing that it is a Fine product, and I am asking him to produce something outside of his current product line.

if I can help someone to improve and expand their product line, and as a result, they are able to sell more of their product, then I am a happy and satisfied man.

a couple of old sayings come to mind here,

"One hand washes the other"
"Nothing worthwhile in life, come for free"
"Sow what you reap, reap what you sow"

and I'm sure there are many others.

tri5ron
07-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by hondarider11
Yeah I am just saying most companies give the product to the person for free after they let them make a prototype with their bike. It is just being nice.
I hear what your saying. It's just that this guy is in no way a big company. he is simply a guy who does beautiful work, and has come up with a great product that he produces basically as a side job. He obviously has extensive CNC experience, and access to a CNC machine.
were not talking about some major corporation that can necessarily afford to give stuff away for free.

I own my own small business also, (a concrete delivery company)and I know that time and materials cost money. there fore, even my best buddies do not get new concrete driveways and patio's poured for free.