PDA

View Full Version : she wont run

quadsport_rider
07-12-2009, 09:00 AM
hey there..
i took apart my motor a little while ago cleaned her all up and shes back together and she wont run..theres lots of spark and im pretty sure its getting gas..wtf is wrong?...ha she turns over but wont run any suggestions? i was playing with the cams and what not could i have mistakenly put them in wrong?. then there swouldnt be any spark? thanks in advance???:confused:

dan42684
07-12-2009, 11:49 AM
you could have messed up the timing when you removed the cams.

knoxville9
07-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Does it have compression? If so I would definitely check that when you set your cams your motor was at Top Dead Center. After that I would spray starting fluid into the carb, and clean the jets properly

ifixtheyride
07-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Not sure what take the motor apart means about how far but your spark comes from the pick up coil around the flywheel and CDI box it would still deliver spark but out of time is possible. If you removed the cams and didn't set them back right it wouldn't start but the spark would be there. You need to get a manual and set the timing of the cams right its not hard but there is a procedure.

quadsport_rider
07-17-2009, 06:39 AM
alright thanks, any idea of any website links i could go to to troubleshoot?. anyone can explain or have pics? thanks in advance its like a week delivery for a manual..