PDA

View Full Version : 1986 TRX250R - What is your thoughts on this?

danhung11
07-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Need your all's opinion on this one. I went and checked out a R today, it's an 1986. Owner said it was .30 over. Mods I noticed are below. Throw out a number and let me know what you think this package deal is worth. I did not get any pictures today, but's really clean. The calipers are like new and the front hubs too. I would rate this think a 7 out of 10 as far as cleanliness, I did not see any cracks on the frame. Just thinking what you all think this is worth.

Here's a link to an album.
http://picasaweb.google.com/daniel.k.hung/1986TRX250R?feat=directlink

Clymer Manual
ESR TRX5 Pipe
Cool Head
OEM plastics in great shape
Unknown seat cover
Works Shocks all around
Rear Gecko Paddles
Like New DG nerfs
DuraBlue +2+4 Axle
Douglas Black Labels all around with 70% tread - Razrs
Uknown A-arms that have both LT and ST shock mounts
(2) great condition 87 Hoods
AC Bumper
RPM Shrouds - like new
AC Swingarm Skid
Box of Stock Parts including a great condition 87 headlight with mangled bracket
Stock Arms
38mm PWK - I can't tell if it's an A/S or smooth bore
Motor has cracked case saver bolt holes, however the motor started up on first kick with 2 full rotations
ProDesign Cool Head
OEM Swinger

addictedtomud
07-12-2009, 05:30 AM
OK, I'll be the first to try...just adding up some of the major parts potential resale (part-out) value - gets close to $2500.

1989trx250r
07-12-2009, 05:59 AM
I agree, I would look to pay around $2500.

danhung11
07-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Thanks for your guy's post! Very much appreciated.

Anyone else? 35 views and only 2 replies??? :ermm:

Chime in fellas...

07-12-2009, 09:20 AM
$2000

Derrick Adams
07-12-2009, 09:24 AM
I agree $2000 would be a fair price. I would think around here that machine is $1500-$2500 depending on the buyer.

danhung11
07-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Picking her up today, this is the shortest drive I have ever made for an R. 10 minutes west of me. :D

I will be trading/parting with a lot of it, stay tuned.

Thanks again for your guys input, very much appreciated.

Dan

danhung11
07-12-2009, 12:38 PM
In addition to what's listed, other goods I received with this bike include.

New Dune Whip
Boyesen RAD Valve
Race Jug for Fuel
4 gallons of Track Tek 105

I pretty much wore an invisible ski mask when I bought this... :p I paid a significant amount lower than the lowest figure posted by members. I am a happy camper! :D

Anyone know what kind of arms these are? They accept both LT and ST shocks. They are for sale as well as the front shocks. I will make someone a great package price on the front end.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/9zaXNLK7CXazcgU99SLTYw?feat=directlink

Also, I threw some more pictures of the R in my album. Check out the hubs and calipers, they are like new. Check out the bolts on this bike (i.e. motor mounts, etc.), looks like no wrench has ever been close to these.

As of now, I am selling the rear axle, a-arms, front shocks, maier CF hood, seat, wheels and tires (local only), paddles, and more.

Let me know if any of this interests you.

Thanks,
Dan

kouki
07-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Willing to sell the plastic? I would be very interested in that. I also have a set of orange maier race cut plastic I could use as partial trade.

matt14c
07-12-2009, 02:19 PM
How much for hood and seat shipped to 48131?

1promodfan
07-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by kouki
Willing to sell the plastic? I would be very interested in that. I also have a set of orange maier race cut plastic I could use as partial trade.

Hey kouki, can I get some pics/prices of those orange plastics? t.shirtheaven@yahoo.com.......sorry Daniel I didn't mean to hi-jack your thread.

MossboysRacing
07-12-2009, 04:16 PM
How much for thr front plastics? just left and right side, no hood. I live outside st. louis but i will be in KC at the end of the month and could pick them up

Motofool250r
07-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Dan seriously how much for those Fly *** shoes on the floor next to the R =-)

Aceman
07-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
Let me know if any of this interests you.

Are you planning on keeping the pipe and silencer too?

danhung11
07-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by matt14c
How much for hood and seat shipped to 48131?

You have PM.

danhung11
07-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by MossboysRacing
How much for thr front plastics? just left and right side, no hood. I live outside st. louis but i will be in KC at the end of the month and could pick them up

I am keeping the plastics, hood is for sale.

danhung11
07-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Motofool250r
Dan seriously how much for those Fly *** shoes on the floor next to the R =-)

$450 shipped. :D

Originally posted by TL250R

You a golfer?

Yes, I really enjoy the game of golf. It's one of the most challenging and fun things you can alone, with your buddies, or family. I have 4 siblings, all who play. If you like competition, and a challenging and technical sport - go give it a try.

Now back to the thread...:macho

danhung11
07-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Are you planning on keeping the pipe and silencer too?

The silencer is up for sale right now. I plan to keep to keep the pipe.

Let me know.
Dan

danhung11
07-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
Hey kouki, can I get some pics/prices of those orange plastics? t.shirtheaven@yahoo.com.......sorry Daniel I didn't mean to hi-jack your thread.

Go ahead, not interested in orange. I already have a green monster. :devil:

Motofool250r
07-12-2009, 06:18 PM
oh the shoes ill take them sold!

danhung11
07-12-2009, 08:34 PM
I updated some pictures into the album.

All I can say is this bike has had a pretty good life. The arms are physically in great shape and all OEM bolts are intact and are not molested. I don't see any frame damage, the bearings in the front wheels are nice and clean - see the hub pictures and the motor mount shots. The guy that owned it had it for 8 months. I am a VERY happy camper, and got a good deal. The rear end is a tad loose and I suspect the bearings are bad. The parts that members inquired about are in the album, let me know if you need more pictures.

Question, is there a way to strip the red spray paint without ruining the gold underneath? As you can see from the pictures, they look very nice and just curious to know if they are worth keeping.

My plans are to disassembly this week, hopefully depending on the work schedule this week. I have been out of town and return to tomorrow.

With all this said, I am going to create a post in the For Sale Section with prices and pictures.

Lastly, I am in search the following parts:

Aftermarket TRX 250R Brake Pedal
ASV Levers Both Clutch and Brake Honda (Red or Blue)
Newer ESR Silencer - regular mount.
Radiator Cap side Front White OEM plastic, in as equal or better. If you have both, great - shoot me some pictures and prices to daniel.k.hung@gmail.com.
Oversized Tank, not the ginormous one and preferably IMS.
I am sure there's more.... I will delete the items once found

Thanks,
Dan

250Renvy
07-12-2009, 10:17 PM
I have a brand new set of ASV levers in Red anodized. They can either come with or without a 450R/400ex master cylinder. I can't get pics but they are NEW and either F3's or C5's the pro model. I'm not sure the difference between the two.

I would like $125 for both

If there is a way to get that red paint off without taking off the gold on those arms, it would not be worth the cost. In the end, it would be cheaper to strip them and repaint them gold again. Stock arms don't really fetch that much.

danhung11
07-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
I have a brand new set of ASV levers in Red anodized. They can either come with or without a 450R/400ex master cylinder. I can't get pics but they are NEW and either F3's or C5's the pro model. I'm not sure the difference between the two.

I would like $125 for both

If there is a way to get that red paint off without taking off the gold on those arms, it would not be worth the cost. In the end, it would be cheaper to strip them and repaint them gold again. Stock arms don't really fetch that much.

I would like some pictures, want to make sure they are like my other ones or very similar. No hurries as this is my new project. I don't think I need a master cylinder. I will also contact ASV directly, don't think I paid that much last time for mine when I bought new.

The stock arms are flawless besides the dipsh*t who painted them and the tank. :mad: I guess they at least removed the tie rod ends. :rolleyes:

Aceman
07-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
The silencer is up for sale right now. I plan to keep to keep the pipe.

Let me know.
Dan

Thanks for the offer Dan, but I'm in need of a pipe more than a silencer right now.:)

danhung11
07-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Thanks for the offer Dan, but I'm in need of a pipe more than a silencer right now.:)

No worries, I plan to keep it. It's at least an 7. :D Just need a new silencer or a repacking and nice polishing.

m0t0xk1d
07-12-2009, 10:42 PM
how much for the a arms will both st and lt mounts? can you post more pics of them? i might be interested wiith a good price?
do you know what kind they are at all?

Thanks

danhung11
07-12-2009, 10:47 PM
:ermm:

Motofool250r
07-13-2009, 02:30 AM
the only real way to take the anodize off the lever is with acid and it will take everything off. and its not cheap.

danhung11
07-13-2009, 08:28 PM
I am not sure what brand these arms are, they look and feel very good. Told they were plus 2 plus 1's, they look very similar to a Laeger design with out the grease zerks.

Check out the pics and tell me what you think. They also have the 2 different sets of shock mounts on the lower arms. Overall in great shape.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/aCWvPTTvAhWG8u3wnoDL9g?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/d4NeVNou2YZLIichc_ymPA?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/b5vTeXkjuxp8Wpw5m5EHiQ?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/dmcB7CG7Kx_fzXWTCXDw6w?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/FDRKEeXtENsdHOsCa8jp7A?feat=directlink

Can anyone do a 100% ID on these?

Thanks in advance!
Dan

250Renvy
07-13-2009, 09:01 PM
I can't 100% identify them but lead in a better direction.

There is a possibililty they are old ricky stator a-arms or an early version of gary denton a-arms.

I've seen them a number of times before and know that they were made circa 1993-1995.

danhung11
07-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
I can't 100% identify them but lead in a better direction.

There is a possibililty they are old ricky stator a-arms or an early version of gary denton a-arms.

I've seen them a number of times before and know that they were made circa 1993-1995.

They are good craftmanship and have the 16mm ball joints, can't tell if their the frap style yet. I don't know if their that old unless they were sitting in a box for a while cause these look pretty new.

Hope to tear it down in the next few days, been busy with work.

Any interests, PM me.