PDA

View Full Version : No Spark?? Kodiak 450 Help

Pa Dirt Eater
07-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi,
I have an 2003 Kodiak 450 that ran great. Problem is I installed a Champion winch (don't buy one). when testing the winch I had the quad running and it worked fine letting line out. It worked for about 1 minute then the quad just shut off. I still have power for the digital dash, and the starter turns the motor over fine, however I have no spark at the spark plug. I checked the main and ignition fuse under the seat and they are ok. Any Ideas what I should check next??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mcgrath
07-11-2009, 07:06 PM
I would check the stator, dash and starter run off battery.

Pa Dirt Eater
07-12-2009, 09:09 AM
How do I check the stator on this model? I know it's located behind the Pull starter and can see the wire loom and connector from it. There was also a small puff of smoke when the quad shut off from the area where the connector is located. I have a feeling we are on the right track to fixing this. Thanks

mcgrath
07-12-2009, 07:02 PM
you would need to use a multimeter and do a continuity check, you can do it right on the connector, but you need to get the specs from yamaha. also check to make sure there isnt any in line fuses that might have blown.