PDA

View Full Version : Mounting Hoosier Mx tires

enantrx
07-11-2009, 03:35 PM
I just bought the Hoosier MX200 rear tires but am having a hell of a time getting the bead to seat. I have the hiper single beadlocks, but i just cant get the inside to mount at all...even using a ton of soap and a racket strap in the middle of the tire. I have mounted plenty of tires in the past, but nothing was as hard as this. Hopefully someone has had the same problem as me with these tires, but any help is appreciated...thanks

deathman53
07-12-2009, 06:26 PM
dismount the tires and flip them around. One side of tire is ever so slightly bigger. It may make it easier. As you did before, soap the beat and the rim. I'm had tires mount with 20 psi and others needed 70 psi. The stiffer the sidewall the more it takes. This goes atv and dirtbike alike.

Warrior#111
07-13-2009, 09:56 PM
the soap might be a bad idea. sometimes it good if you can pull up on the rim inside the tire to get it to stick to the bead kinda, then put soap on the other side and try it that way.

enantrx
07-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Well...i finally got the tires to bead. One tire i left it alone for like 4 days w/25 PSI in the tire and it was seated but the other i flipped around like deathman said and was still having a hard time. Then i just used straight dishsoap and took the core out and pumped it up that way to about 60lbs and it finallly popped on, THANK GOD. Anyways..just wanted to let you guys know that i got it on, thanks

Warrior#111
07-14-2009, 11:10 AM
ohh, i thought you ment that you couldnt get the bead to go on so you could put air in the tire to pop it on. I'm glad you got it done.

Dust_1503
07-16-2009, 07:08 AM
I didn't have too much trouble mounting my hoosier's but being a tire guy I've been there many times. We use a lubricant called sliptac, very nice stuff. But if you can't get ahold of that, I reccomend just getting a squirt bottle throw some dish soap in there and mix it up with water then spray the bead and the lip of the wheel the more the better. Then pull your core out of your valve stem, air up the tire try to stay under the maximum bead seating inflation(located on the sidewall). Without using the rachet strap if it still isn't all the way on. Pop your core in air up to 25lbs and try bouncing the tire it might jossle it enough to slip that remaining part of the bead over the lip. If it still doesn't want to go air down and try again relubricate. The hoosier's are amazing tires traction and wear, so it'll be worth the wait.