PDA

View Full Version : For all you Dodge SRT-10 Truck Fans......

Evan
01-07-2003, 12:34 AM
Read this
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=261364

Moto92
01-07-2003, 12:45 AM
Looks like it was made by Tonka

EX Fanatic
01-07-2003, 03:36 AM
No offense to anyone, but that is one of the most ugliest pick-ups that I have ever seen!!!!

killed300ex
01-07-2003, 04:43 AM
thats a nice truck im not a ford guy but i mean holy crap stock22s lol and the all time first in a lightening the standard trans. Finaly lol but 500/500 isnt bad for power and torque lol IF i had the extra 30000 i would buy one
killed

Leo
01-07-2003, 05:15 AM
Bolting on intercoolers / turbos / etc.. is one way of making power..

I'll take mine the old fashioned way, raw cubic inches :D

Leo

PS.. Finally got to drive a hemi in a 1/2 ton truck the other day.. OMFG... gotta trade :D

CBus660R
01-07-2003, 06:23 AM
fearthisracer, funny you should say that. Last year, Ford had a concept truck to show the direction that they were going to take the styiling of the next generation of trucks. Can you guess what it was called? Yep, the Tonka! Whether you prefer the Lightning or the SRT-10, the Cobra, 'Vette, or Viper, or even 4 door sedans with 280 HP, 300HP, or more, it is a great time to be a fan of fast vehicles. All we need now is for Honda to wake up and smell the roses and give us a hotter quad.

freakystone
01-07-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Leo

Leo

PS.. Finally got to drive a hemi in a 1/2 ton truck the other day.. OMFG... gotta trade :D

I wasnt going to say anything until I could post some pictures but I custom ordered my half ton Ram HEMI in November with a late January deliverly date. It is loaded as she comes. 4x4, extended cab, leather and the "H" package. You gotta get the "H" package. It is about a $5000 option but it adds all the bell and whistles like heated seats, dual air, side curtain airbags, steering wheel radio controls, etc. List price was $39,800 but since I have bought a lot a vehicles from them cash, they cut me some good deals. Heck, Leo, you work for a Dodge dealership dont you? Well, they are giving me the truck for invoice, minus $2000. It puts me at $31,000 and change. Is that a good deal?

She really sounds like my 01' Durango R/T I sold last may. Boy I miss her. I ended up buying a new Chevy LT Z71, extended 4x4 and I hate it. I HATE IT. The Dodge had such a nicer ride. More power. Better excelleration. A much nicer sound system (Infinity vs Delco). The Chevy just looks like a grandpa truck. It sits low like a 4x2. I only have about 8,000 miles on her so they are giving me $25,900 for it trade in so I have to cut them a check for about $5100 plus $306 in sales tax plus whatever extended warranty I want.

By the way, she is black with the 20" polished chrome clad wheels and dark gray leather.:D

Glow Plug
01-07-2003, 07:00 AM
I really like i have no idea why i do but there is just something about it? if i had a chocie i don't think that i would buy it manily because i'm a big truck guy and i don't like 2 wheel drive i want my licence plate to say 2WD SUX lol.

exriderdude
01-07-2003, 07:41 AM
i think that thing looks sweet, the only thing wrong with it is that little ford symbol on the front:blah

DODGE> EVERYONE ELSE

Blysster
01-07-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by exriderdude
the only thing wrong with it is that little ford symbol on the front:blah

At least ford circle their problem :D

zephead400ex
01-07-2003, 12:37 PM
At least ford circle their problem
Well I am not biased either way on makes of vehicles but...that is funny! lmao!:)

killed300ex
01-07-2003, 03:41 PM
ouch god d*nm it i was laughing so hard i fell out of the frigin chair lol
killed

Blysster
01-07-2003, 04:14 PM
What’s the difference between a golf ball and a ford?

You can drive a golf ball more than 200 yards.

Ford means First On Race Day, because its still there from the
last race day.

I really don't have anything against ford :devil

Bean
01-07-2003, 05:32 PM
i dont have anything against Ford and Dodge, i am just a fan of Chevy, lifted Chevy's to be exact, i personally love my truck, its a 95 Z-71, i rode in a few Dodge's and Ford's in my time, and just didnt like them as much, so far, my fav truck is my dad's 2001 Suburban, supercharged, and 33in tires on it, cowl induct hood, its sweet, but he's sellin it to pay for his new vehical

Leo
01-08-2003, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by freakystone

I wasnt going to say anything until I could post some pictures but I custom ordered my half ton Ram HEMI in November with a late January deliverly date. It is loaded as she comes. 4x4, extended cab, leather and the "H" package. You gotta get the "H" package. It is about a $5000 option but it adds all the bell and whistles like heated seats, dual air, side curtain airbags, steering wheel radio controls, etc. List price was $39,800 but since I have bought a lot a vehicles from them cash, they cut me some good deals. Heck, Leo, you work for a Dodge dealership dont you? Well, they are giving me the truck for invoice, minus $2000. It puts me at $31,000 and change. Is that a good deal?

She really sounds like my 01' Durango R/T I sold last may. Boy I miss her. I ended up buying a new Chevy LT Z71, extended 4x4 and I hate it. I HATE IT. The Dodge had such a nicer ride. More power. Better excelleration. A much nicer sound system (Infinity vs Delco). The Chevy just looks like a grandpa truck. It sits low like a 4x2. I only have about 8,000 miles on her so they are giving me $25,900 for it trade in so I have to cut them a check for about $5100 plus $306 in sales tax plus whatever extended warranty I want.

By the way, she is black with the 20" polished chrome clad wheels and dark gray leather.:D

It should come off the lot with 7/70 powertrain.. 3/36 bumper-bumper..

$31k sounds like a pretty good deal to me, I don't think my boss would sell me one that cheap, LOL.. at least not one with the full monty.. (I *LOVE* heated seats, but *HATE* leather.. If only you could get them w/ cloth :D..)

The new 1/2 tons are light years ahead of any previous dodge as far as ride / handling / quality goes.. Usually when Dodge launches an all new vehicle they have TONS of little quality control issues.. So far the only thing that's appeared with any regularity is a leaking power steering line, but looking at the new arrivals they've corrected it..

I'm not a big fan of the dash, but the overall fit / finish of the vehicle appears to be much better than the previous truck..

That Hemi will get your attention, and the 5-spd auto is the smoothest shifting tranny I've ever driven... 10,000x's better than the slush-a-matic that was in your R/T...

They even sound mean :D

Leo

killed300ex
01-08-2003, 05:28 AM
i think they even had the best commercial for that truck lol when the 2 kids pull up and are like tha thing got a hemi and the guy in the trucks like yea the ligght turns green and he beats the car off the line then thye pulkl up to the next stoplight he was like you mean the cuda cause thats got a hemi to lol i love that commercial
Last time i was at the local paint shop they had a brand new hemi. It was in there for a new paintjop the guy has having it a gloss black with orange front then going into flames. It was crazy looking when they had it done then i was there when the guy picked it up. Lol he was so happy to have it back then when he got out on the street he proved its a fast truck lol

killed

exriderdude
01-08-2003, 08:02 AM
F- Found
O- On
R- Road
D- Dead
:blah