PDA

View Full Version : ufc 100

JJs450r
07-11-2009, 08:33 AM
who you think, i dont really care much for brock lesnar but i think frank mir is gonna be a little over his head and get ko'd

i think the best fight is gonna be gsp vs thiago alves

matt14c
07-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Lesnar beats Mir
GSP and Alves is a total toss up
Fitch and Thiago is on the card but not a main event but should still be a good fight but I see fitch winning.
Henderson is going to beat Bisping handely.

Should be a good night.

03pete
07-11-2009, 10:10 AM
If Mir can keep it on the ground he has lesnar beat.

GSP will beat Alves

Henderson is going to kill Bisping

Wheelie
07-11-2009, 01:52 PM
My predictions:

Lesnar wins via TKO in Round 1

GSP wins via TKO ground and pound Rd 3

Henderson by KO early Round 2, nothing would make me happier than to see Bisping going to sleep.

Fitch by unanimous decision

Doak450r
07-11-2009, 01:59 PM
mir over lesnar
gsp over alves
fitch over thiago
hendo over bisbing
bonnar over coleman
akiyama over belcher
miller over danzig
"bones " over obrien
kim over tj grant
dollaway over lawlor

if they show the jon bones jone fight watch him the guy is gonna be very good with some fights under his belt.

Wheelie
07-11-2009, 02:06 PM
I forgot about the Bones fight. Jon Jones is going to give the 205 class some fits. The guy has incredible talent and potential, IMO he's the future of MMA. He looked impressive in his win over Bonnar, with some more experience and better cardio, I think he'll be a threat to the belt in a year or 2.

400ex28
07-11-2009, 02:26 PM
what time dose it start?

matt14c
07-11-2009, 02:57 PM
10 ET. I think the the lesnar fight is the main one and its stated for 12:30.

JLanphear
07-11-2009, 03:38 PM
In the interviews Mir said something about standing up with Lesnar....that might not be the greatest move.

Wheelie
07-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by JLanphear
In the interviews Mir said something about standing up with Lesnar....that might not be the greatest move.

Lesnar will knock Mir's block off if it stays on its feet.

timmy400exfast
07-11-2009, 04:29 PM
^^^agreed

deathcorefan2
07-11-2009, 04:55 PM
ok lesner is not that good of a striker. mir has better hand speed regardless of his size. but lesner has POWER thats it. if mir plays his stand up right, he could knock his block off. it is all who slips up first.

what i hope happens:

Mir in round 2 by submission
GSP to get beat in any way
and henderson to f*** up bisping.

but what i think is going to happen,

lesner, gsp and henderson all winners.

then i want lesner to fight fedor so he can get killed.

period.

Wheelie
07-11-2009, 05:13 PM
I want to see Lesnar fight Shane Carwin. Carwin is 11-0 and hasn't had a UFC fight last past 2:11 in the 1st round.

derekhonda
07-11-2009, 09:36 PM
hows it lookin so far?

quad2xtreme
07-11-2009, 09:48 PM
goto www.sherdog.com and click a link on the first page for round by round updates.

matt14c
07-11-2009, 09:56 PM
GSP in five rounds by decision. Totally dominated the fight!
Henderson KNOCKED Bisping the **** out! Maybe one of the best knockouts I have seen ever!!!!
Lesnar fight getting ready to start.....

matt14c
07-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Lesnar by technical knockout in the second round. It was the right decision because mir wasnt protecting himself.

03pete
07-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Mir looked horrible tonight. Honestly i think the henderson fight was the best all night.

quad2xtreme
07-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by deathcorefan2
then i want lesner to fight fedor so he can get killed.

Me too because I don't think Fedor could beat Lesnar. Call me crazy but Lesnar is a beast that keeps dominating. Arlovski was more than holding his own against Fedor. I don't think Fedor can handle Brock's strength. It would be the mega-fight of the century but it will never happen.

The amazing thing about Brock is how easily he takes guys down and can control them in a GnP.

Scottt89
07-11-2009, 11:20 PM
I think Brock sets the sport back 10years. I'm sorry, but you don't flip the fans off and trash sponsors. He is the image that White has worked so hard to get rid of. Muscle bound brawlers with no sportsmanship. When Brock gets his chin rocked for the first time, I am willing to bet he will be done.

fulltiltrider
07-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Lessner is a prick, but man is he a beast. Mir didnt stand a chance. Someone above said it was te right decision to stop it.... I guess so, Mir couldnt stand on his own after taking about 15 cinder blocks to the face. Even in the first round he got beat up with his own hand lol. Henderson hit bisbings "reset button" then got a good one in after he knew he was out, WAY TO GO DAN

quad2xtreme
07-12-2009, 07:04 AM
Mir talked so much that he probably got so far under Lesnar's skin that he couldn't stand him. Fans were incredibly disrespectful of a guy who has beaten everyone put in front of him. He is beatable though and even Mir could beat him if they fought maybe 10 more times or so. I don't think there is anyone out there that can beat Brock repeatedly. I think Brock would beat anyone out there 4 out of 5 times.

There is only one fight to see and that is Brock/Fedor. If I were Fedor, I would want to fight Brock before he gets too much more experience under his belt. The good thing for Fedor is he can keep his "best ever" status in the mind of fans if he avoids Lesnar. He has nothing to gain from the fight unless he truly wants to show he is the guy who can "school" Lesnar. Of course, the longer Fedor stays out of the UFC the more many fans are realizing he is just a big fish in a real small pond. The only talent that Fedor will face is leftover UFC has beens.

hondaking52
07-12-2009, 09:53 AM
who won in the GSP fight?

JJs450r
07-12-2009, 10:12 AM
gsp

ya henderson vs bisping was best fight awesome ko

we went to a sports bar and there were a couple good fights in there as well lol

JLanphear
07-12-2009, 10:26 AM
I think Lesnar proved he is a smart fighter last night. I wanted Mir to win, but Lesnar def. earned it. One other note...I've never seen anyone do that much damage with short punches on the ground...insane.

Also I respect Bisping as a fighter but damn, he sure got what was coming to him.

trick450r
07-12-2009, 10:35 AM
bisping is a great fighter. But he was going up against someone who is in an entirely different class, it was obvious he was gonna get rocked BAD.

300extreme#8
07-12-2009, 10:17 PM
My favorite part of the night was when Bisping finally stood up dazed and confused and then looked at his trainer and said "Where am I at" haha priceless.

Doak450r
07-13-2009, 01:36 AM
i think it was a good show. i think lesnar after his fight was pathetic, this isn't the wwe and you shouldn't be putting down the ufc's sponsors or flipping off the crowd. also he gets in mirs face after the fight like he was gonna fight him again, mir was probaly just gonna congragulate him. the hendo knockout was classic henderson, and i think bisbing should go back to figgting b-list fighters again. gsp did what he does which is take his opponent down at will, controll them and pound on them. it was a good card all around. everyone ready for 101 affliction and 102 next month?

bigd's ex
07-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Hope this happens.http://mmajunkie.com/news/15488/dana-white-says-fedor-emelianenko-will-fight-in-the-ufc-brock-lesnar-fight-imminent.mma

BEAVER.989
07-13-2009, 12:33 PM
All in all, I think it was a great card. Brock didn't show much class, but I wouldn't have it any other way. He came out, handled business and was boo'ed. If he can't make the fans like him, he might as well make them hate him. Either way, people are talking about him and there is a demand to see him fight. MMA needs a villan, imo... and we now have one in Lesnar.

deathcorefan2
07-13-2009, 03:17 PM
ok you guys took it the wrong way.

lesner vs. fedor would be a joke.

fedor would destroy him. he has faced bigger people than brock.

also if brock fought cro cop he would get killed too. cro cop has faced bigger and stronger opponents.

and as far as the arlovski fedor fight...arloski got killed.

heavyweights in rank

1. fedor
2. cro cop
3. lesner

BEAVER.989
07-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Lesnar would beat Cro Cop(who's past his prime). Lesnar/Fedor could go either way, imo. Any given night the "wrong" guy can pull off an upset.

deathcorefan2
07-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by BEAVER.989
Lesnar would beat Cro Cop(who's past his prime). Lesnar/Fedor could go either way, imo. Any given night the "wrong" guy can pull off an upset.

cro cop will kick his head off.

and fedor will make him cry with an armbar if brock lays on him like he did mir.

look at fedor choi.

thats almost an exact image of what would happen

BEAVER.989
07-13-2009, 04:44 PM

Brock would rip his leg off and beat him with it.

I'm a fan of Mirko, but his ship has sailed. He'll never recover from the kick to the head he took form Gonzaga(sp?).

quad2xtreme
07-13-2009, 05:13 PM
and as far as the arlovski fedor fight...arloski got killed.

heavyweights in rank

1. fedor
2. cro cop
3. lesner

Better watch the Fedor-Arlovski fight again on youtube. Arlovski schooled Fedor in boxing until he made a stupid move and got knocked out. Fedor only dominated 1 punch in that fight and Arlovski has a glass jaw. Arlovski landed the first kick and the first punch that stunned Fedor. Basically, Fedor didn't show the best defense against a boxer. If Arlovski would have stuck to the game plan, that fight was going into round 2 for sure with Arlovski taking the 1st round.

Cro cop lost 2 of his last 5 fights. The 3 he won were against guys with even records...even worse, one was against Hong Man Choi who actually fought Jose Canseco. So basically, Cro cop lost 2 of his last 4 fights. He beat al Turk and Mizuno...neither are even close to being impressive fighters. If cro cop didn't land an incredible kick within 10 seconds, Lesnar would destroy him. How could you rank him #2? Nobody does. There are several other HW you could easily rank higher than cro cop. If I were Fedor, I would win my fight August 1st and sign with UFC to fight Brock in my very first fight. I wouldn't want Brock having time to learn more. Nobody gave Brock a shot in hell of doing what he is doing. His first fight was proclaimed as being "too easy". Then he was all over Mir until getting submitted. He manhandled Herring (another big guy) and then manhandled Randy Couture. Then, he completely destroyed Mir. Brock is an incredibly talented athlete. Right now, Fedor would be his only competition. Fedor has never gone against an athlete like Lesnar.

Honestly, Fedor has 2 guys he has fought that are impressive...he twice beat Nogueira by decision in 3 rounds and decisioned Cro Cop in 3 rounds. Lindland would be an impressive win if he were a HW. 1/2 the people he fought have losing records and many never fought more than 3 or 4 fights in their entire careers. He is held to a god-like status but he really hasn't come close to fighting anyone like Lesnar.

quad2xtreme
07-13-2009, 05:19 PM

and fedor will make him cry with an armbar if brock lays on him like he did mir.

look at fedor choi.

I hope you're kidding making any comparison of choi to Lesnar. If so, WOW. :eek2: Choi has zero MMA skills and no wrestling background. He beat a 215 lb guy with a 2-2 record and a retired baseball player.

ben300
07-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Better watch the Fedor-Arlovski fight again on youtube. Arlovski schooled Fedor in boxing until he made a stupid move and got knocked out. Fedor only dominated 1 punch in that fight and Arlovski has a glass jaw. Arlovski landed the first kick and the first punch that stunned Fedor. Basically, Fedor didn't show the best defense against a boxer. If Arlovski would have stuck to the game plan, that fight was going into round 2 for sure with Arlovski taking the 1st round.

Cro cop lost 2 of his last 5 fights. The 3 he won were against guys with even records...even worse, one was against Hong Man Choi who actually fought Jose Canseco. So basically, Cro cop lost 2 of his last 4 fights. He beat al Turk and Mizuno...neither are even close to being impressive fighters. If cro cop didn't land an incredible kick within 10 seconds, Lesnar would destroy him. How could you rank him #2? Nobody does. There are several other HW you could easily rank higher than cro cop. If I were Fedor, I would win my fight August 1st and sign with UFC to fight Brock in my very first fight. I wouldn't want Brock having time to learn more. Nobody gave Brock a shot in hell of doing what he is doing. His first fight was proclaimed as being "too easy". Then he was all over Mir until getting submitted. He manhandled Herring (another big guy) and then manhandled Randy Couture. Then, he completely destroyed Mir. Brock is an incredibly talented athlete. Right now, Fedor would be his only competition. Fedor has never gone against an athlete like Lesnar.

Honestly, Fedor has 2 guys he has fought that are impressive...he twice beat Nogueira by decision in 3 rounds and decisioned Cro Cop in 3 rounds. Lindland would be an impressive win if he were a HW. 1/2 the people he fought have losing records and many never fought more than 3 or 4 fights in their entire careers. He is held to a god-like status but he really hasn't come close to fighting anyone like Lesnar.

for once..i actually agree, i mean totally agree with something that you say...i have been preaching this **** to ppl for years in person and sherdog..... i believe fedor is the most over hyped fighter ever....yes he had some good wins..but thats it.and those good wins, those opponents have been exposed...ive been saying this forever.....fedor has light years more experience than brock...but brock is a super human physical specimen!...for **** sake i watched a video of him on sherdog..stalk a 10 point buck on foot...ON FOOT!!!...thats hard enough hunting one from a tree stand.....shoot it and then, the booter...he went for the gusto by picking the buck up from the creek that it expired in, by the rack, WITH ONE ARM!..... and then carried out...

that buck was problay a 230-250# buck, that is as mcuh if not more than what fedor weighs

derekhonda
07-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by ben300
for once..i actually agree, i mean totally agree with something that you say...i have been preaching this **** to ppl for years in person and sherdog..... i believe fedor is the most over hyped fighter ever....yes he had some good wins..but thats it.and those good wins, those opponents have been exposed...ive been saying this forever.....fedor has light years more experience than brock...but brock is a super human physical specimen!...for **** sake i watched a video of him on sherdog..stalk a 10 point buck on foot...ON FOOT!!!...thats hard enough hunting one from a tree stand.....shoot it and then, the booter...he went for the gusto by picking the buck up from the creek that it expired in, by the rack, WITH ONE ARM!..... and then carried out...

that buck was problay a 230-250# buck, that is as mcuh if not more than what fedor weighs

Hahaha I just found it too.

Scroll to the last 10 seconds its hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aMnDpXa7h8

Doak450r
07-14-2009, 12:12 AM

look at fedor choi.

This is 2009 not 2006. when was the last time that cro cop kicked someones head off? I think brock would take him down and rag doll him. Also whoever said fedor has only faced two good opponents is pretty far off in my opinion. Ricardo Arona, Babalu, Heath herring, Big Nog 3 times, Fujita who rocked fedor but fedor won, Coleman 2 times, Randleman and if you saw that fight you know the suplex fedor recovered from that, Cro cop, Mark hunt, Lindland, Arlovski, and Big Tim. I would pretty much say he was fighting all the best heavyweights in mma when he was in pride and recently beat two former Ufc champs. so i think by saying half the guys he fought have losing records and only two quality opponents is the furthest thing from the truth.

quad2xtreme
07-14-2009, 06:10 AM
Arona - not a heavyweight
Lindland not a heavyweight.
Babalu - not a heavyweight

Silvia kept losing in the UFC so he was gone. Got beat by Mercer.
Arlovski got whipped up on too and has a glass jaw.

Coleman - not a skilled fighter at all
Randleman - not a skilled fighter at all

Cro Cop - gave him credit for a decision win in 3 rds
Nogueiro - gave him credit for 2 decision wins in 3 rds, other fight was a no contest.

Herring is a pretty good fighter...Brock beat him in only his 3rd mma fight.

Fujita is questionable as to how good he was. As a big guy, he lost to his quality opponents including some who weren't heavyweights.

Point being is Fedor may be overrated and has never faced a physical freak like Brock. His best chance of beating Brock is now. The longer he waits the less likely it is to happen then people will be left worshipping their hero saying "if they would have fought in their primes...Fedor would have taken him".

deathcorefan2
07-14-2009, 09:48 AM
you guys can say what you will. but cro cop WILL come back. he is already scheduled for a come back and it will be big.

yes i was comparing choi to lesner, in the sense that lesner fought that way with mir. if he does so with fedor...he WILL get SUBMITTED.

I think carwin could beat brock also.

brock has no standup to me. no hand speed. that will get him knocked out like liddell vs. evans if he stands up with some good strikers.

say what you guys will, but im sure it will happen that way.

brock will lose his title..in the next...hmm...2 defenses.

also, speaking of heavyweights.

who has heard about the next star of the Ultimate Fighter 10?

Oh yeah...he is back...KIMBO SLICE. i actually hope he does good now. he has kind of grown on me. hopefully he can keep those push kicks away and keep those hands up :macho

quad2xtreme
07-14-2009, 01:51 PM
You could be correct about Carwin no doubt about it. He has the potential to knock Lesnar out. I think Carwin could do the same to Fedor too. Equally, Lesnar could take Carwin out.

Brock doesn't need great standup with his ability to take a guy down. Generally, boxers haven't done too well.

Can't speak to Cro Cop. You can dream whatever dream you want.

Slice will be good entertainment. His only chance of making it past his first fight is if the others are pathetic. Slice isn't even in the top 20 HW IMO. I would actually enjoy seeing him fight some of the smaller guys. His presence on the show will have me watching though...which I haven't since the Bonner/Grifffin fight. I hope he makes it well into the show just for the entertainment factor.

BEAVER.989
07-14-2009, 02:16 PM
I've heard the Kimbo is eliminated within the first fight or two.

I'm wanting to see what "Big Country" Roy Nelson from the IFL will do. He's also going to be on the next season of TUF.

ben300
07-14-2009, 09:11 PM
You could be correct about Carwin no doubt about it. He has the potential to knock Lesnar out. I think Carwin could do the same to Fedor too. Equally, Lesnar could take Carwin out.

Brock doesn't need great standup with his ability to take a guy down. Generally, boxers haven't done too well.

Can't speak to Cro Cop. You can dream whatever dream you want.

Slice will be good entertainment. His only chance of making it past his first fight is if the others are pathetic. Slice isn't even in the top 20 HW IMO. I would actually enjoy seeing him fight some of the smaller guys. His presence on the show will have me watching though...which I haven't since the Bonner/Grifffin fight. I hope he makes it well into the show just for the entertainment factor.

heck...kimbo aint evena top 40 hw in teh world let alone to 50....just a joke, plus every one makes him out to be so hard core but he got his *** beat by a cop from philly....

black santa should just stay home

Wheelie
07-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Carwin is Lesnar's biggest threat IMO. Nearly the same size, both have strong GNP, knockout advantage to Carwin.

Doak450r
07-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Arona - not a heavyweight
Lindland not a heavyweight.
Babalu - not a heavyweight

Silvia kept losing in the UFC so he was gone. Got beat by Mercer.
Arlovski got whipped up on too and has a glass jaw.

Coleman - not a skilled fighter at all
Randleman - not a skilled fighter at all

Cro Cop - gave him credit for a decision win in 3 rds
Nogueiro - gave him credit for 2 decision wins in 3 rds, other fight was a no contest.

Herring is a pretty good fighter...Brock beat him in only his 3rd mma fight.

Fujita is questionable as to how good he was. As a big guy, he lost to his quality opponents including some who weren't heavyweights.

Point being is Fedor may be overrated and has never faced a physical freak like Brock. His best chance of beating Brock is now. The longer he waits the less likely it is to happen then people will be left worshipping their hero saying "if they would have fought in their primes...Fedor would have taken him".

i agree with some of your post but arona and babalu both weighed pretty close to fedor when they fought, also saying randleman and coleman arent skilled fighters is pretty bold. maybe not now but back 5 years they were top ten heavyweights. also i hate sylvia but he was pretty good also he lost to big nog, and randy no shame it that. i just don't think he is over rated like you are saying. i don't think he is a god like figure like other people but def. the top heavyweight and i don't think any other hw fighters can touch him right now. his biggest challengers right now are carwin and brock.

quad2xtreme
07-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Doak450r
i agree with some of your post but arona and babalu both weighed pretty close to fedor when they fought, also saying randleman and coleman arent skilled fighters is pretty bold. maybe not now but back 5 years they were top ten heavyweights. also i hate sylvia but he was pretty good also he lost to big nog, and randy no shame it that. i just don't think he is over rated like you are saying. i don't think he is a god like figure like other people but def. the top heavyweight and i don't think any other hw fighters can touch him right now. his biggest challengers right now are carwin and brock.

I am saying people who think Fedor is on a rung by himself need to do a reassessment. I think he will struggle and perhaps lose to either Carwin or Brock. I can tell you one thing for sure, I wouldn't stand with Carwin...I would lift that SOB up and put him on the ground even if he wound up with the better position. Honestly, I would do the same for Brock. The longer Fedor waits the more Brock is going to learn how to defend a submission maneuver.

Randleman and Coleman never progressed which is why they aren't great fighters today. They never really were when compared to somebody like Fedor who definitely has true mma skills. They were only Top 10 because everyone else sucked. Sort of like Shamrock. He was Top 10 in the early days but he wouldn't be Top 10 today even if he were in his prime.

Arona, Babalu, and Lindland would never be natural HWs no matter what they weigh. Same reason GSP is likely to get destroyed by Silva if he moves up in weight. It would take him 3 years to truly fight in the 205 class. It isn't that he couldn't make 205. The problem is he needs to be 205 at weigh in and then be 225 by fight time. He doesn't cut weight for the 185 lb class.

I think Silvia has proven that he has no standup against anyone with boxing skills. Fedor clobbered him as well as Ray Mercer. Silvia isn't terrible by any means...just not in a category of Lesnar. Silvia lost to all his recent quality fighters and only beat Glassjaw Arlovski...who did submit Tim when Tim didn't manage to land a good punch on him. There is no disgrace in losing to the guys he lost too...but I could lose to those guy too. :D ...and, it wouldn't make me a better fighter.

Doak450r
07-15-2009, 11:33 PM
I am saying people who think Fedor is on a rung by himself need to do a reassessment. I think he will struggle and perhaps lose to either Carwin or Brock. I can tell you one thing for sure, I wouldn't stand with Carwin...I would lift that SOB up and put him on the ground even if he wound up with the better position. Honestly, I would do the same for Brock. The longer Fedor waits the more Brock is going to learn how to defend a submission maneuver.

Randleman and Coleman never progressed which is why they aren't great fighters today. They never really were when compared to somebody like Fedor who definitely has true mma skills. They were only Top 10 because everyone else sucked. Sort of like Shamrock. He was Top 10 in the early days but he wouldn't be Top 10 today even if he were in his prime.

Arona, Babalu, and Lindland would never be natural HWs no matter what they weigh. Same reason GSP is likely to get destroyed by Silva if he moves up in weight. It would take him 3 years to truly fight in the 205 class. It isn't that he couldn't make 205. The problem is he needs to be 205 at weigh in and then be 225 by fight time. He doesn't cut weight for the 185 lb class.

I think Silvia has proven that he has no standup against anyone with boxing skills. Fedor clobbered him as well as Ray Mercer. Silvia isn't terrible by any means...just not in a category of Lesnar. Silvia lost to all his recent quality fighters and only beat Glassjaw Arlovski...who did submit Tim when Tim didn't manage to land a good punch on him. There is no disgrace in losing to the guys he lost too...but I could lose to those guy too. :D ...and, it wouldn't make me a better fighter.

No i agree with you. I also think the only HW's that have a chance with him are Carwin, And lesnar. i just can't see them beating him. Also Silver does cut to make middleweight he walks around at i think it was 220. How do you think lesnar would do against sylivia. you think he would be able to take him down with ease and manhandle him like? Tim's 6'8'' 265 so i dont know i would give it to lesnar right now but i would like to see it. And did you see sylvia in the mercer fight he weighed in at 310 pounds. I think that lost to fedor really messed with him and he just let himself go. i sent you a pm

reptikes
07-15-2009, 11:58 PM
We are forgetting about (The Baby Face Assassin) ! Dana said if he beats Fedor that the UFC will sign him.

Doak450r
07-16-2009, 12:39 AM
i think the only hw's in the ufc that have a chance are brock and carwin. I think barnett also stands a chance. also if you can show me an article or somthing that said barnett will be signed if he wins i would like to see that. Him and dana aren't on the best of terms.

deathcorefan2
07-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Doak450r
i think the only hw's in the ufc that have a chance are brock and carwin. I think barnett also stands a chance. also if you can show me an article or somthing that said barnett will be signed if he wins i would like to see that. Him and dana aren't on the best of terms.

true. i heard if fedor wins he will try to sign him but barnett isnt getting the same deal.

JForestZ34
07-17-2009, 06:41 PM
These guys that fight today could definatly kick my *** but I've been watching UFC since the very first one.. When the fighters would have to fight more than one fight during the PPV...

The fighters they have today are badass but the fighters back in the day rule the bunch... I'm starting to get turned off of UFC just for the fact as there are some really good fights BUT most fighters now are looking at it as a money thing and what will this do for me.. What happened to the guys that just LOVE to fight..

The fighters back in the early UFC days just LOVED to pound on people.. Now if you ask me THOSE were fights....

James

quad2xtreme
07-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Not sure I am saying this exactly correct...but close enough:

biggest reason for all the changes is due to regulations that allow MMA to be available in most states and many countries. They had to do away with no time limits, hitting in the back of the head, head stomps, etc. I don't believe you can have a person participate in multiple fights either...same with boxing. In fact, they couldn't even fight the next night.

The early days were fun to watch but for the most part they were brawlers which is why Royce could do what he did.

Doak450r
07-18-2009, 01:13 AM
Not sure I am saying this exactly correct...but close enough:

biggest reason for all the changes is due to regulations that allow MMA to be available in most states and many countries. They had to do away with no time limits, hitting in the back of the head, head stomps, etc. I don't believe you can have a person participate in multiple fights either...same with boxing. In fact, they couldn't even fight the next night.

The early days were fun to watch but for the most part they were brawlers which is why Royce could do what he did.

this is true. the athletic commision won't allow any of it. i agree with it i think soccer kicks, and face stomps are brutal and will turn a lot of people off to the sport. All this was allow in pride just a few years ago but here in the states it's not allow.