PDA

View Full Version : laegers protrax help

stevis
07-11-2009, 05:22 AM
I have an o4 yfz that I have had since the first month it came out, and I am in the process of breathing new life into her. I just purchased a +2 laegers pro trax front end and was wondering what length shocks to run. Currently I ride mostly xc, but I am getting the bug for mx as most of my buddies are now running mx. I have seen shock lengths all over the place and was looking for some help in finding the best length for my application(xc and mx), and I need all the help can get.

Thanks

Steve

dehner47
07-13-2009, 09:13 AM
are the arms set up for standard travel shocks or long travel?

SUMMERS404
07-13-2009, 08:38 PM
long travel if its a protrax^^^

dehner47
07-14-2009, 06:18 AM
not always true. pro trax is the kinda spindle that laeger uses. doesn't mean long travel a arms. you can get standard travel shock geometry with laeger +2" a arms with pro trax spindles.

stevis
07-15-2009, 10:25 AM
how do I tell if they are standard or long travel arms? I just got them today and will pick up my frame from powdercoating tomorrow so I can mount them up

dehner47
07-16-2009, 06:41 AM
who did you buy them from? a member on here, another racer or from laeger?

you can always measure the distance from the top eye hole of the frame to the eye hole of the arms. then someone could be able to tell ya if thats standard length or long travel.