PDA

View Full Version : CT Racing exhaust & EHS lid

sicktooth
07-11-2009, 02:32 AM
I just ordered both since I can't quit thinking about them. I was wondering if you need to change the sprokets out to get the most out of this set up? Also I read something about running an 11:1 piston instead of the stock 10:1 to gain more performance out of the exhaust. Im sure I'll be in for a #ell of a ride!!! Anyone have any thoughts???

sheriff525
07-11-2009, 09:51 PM
What do you have the straight axle or IRS. If you have the irs, take out the ruber boot and modify it the way Outlawbill has and you will then see a serious increase in your power especially with the EHS lid. The bike will be able to breath!

sparks1032
07-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Not sure what you mean by outlawbill set up? he added a larger carb and no air box! That set up would last about well till the first creek crossing SO I think the suggestion is to change the stock tube that goes from the carb to the air box. The stock set up stinks but did you notice a small cut in the tube that leads back to the carb?

So the advice was goto the local hardware store and put together a new tube to go from the carb to the air box?

sicktooth
07-12-2009, 07:11 PM
I have the Outlaw S. I just got home from putting it threw a beating this weekend. No air box will not work for me since I like to splash around. Im new at this but I went to college to be a machanic and had all sorts of fab classes. Id like to start working on quads for a living, Im addicted. Plus I feel at home behind the bars, I was hitting smaller woops in 3rd gear wide open the second time I got to take it out...It just feels natural...:macho

sicktooth
07-12-2009, 07:17 PM
SEE