PDA

View Full Version : P90x??

LTRracer4
07-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Does anyone, or has anyone done this workout? ive been reading blogs on it for an hour now, and im sold. Im in great shape right now, some of the best in mylife, but anyone else that worksout everyday knows its never enough. Is this workout any good if you are already built? And is it true you only need dumbells and a chin up bar? How expensive is it to follow the nutrition side of things? if i can get these questions answered im gunna order it next week and ill keep you guys updated on my results!

Scro
07-10-2009, 12:25 PM
I know people that use it, including David Crane in Pro-am GNCC. Everyone says that if you think you are in shape, just wait until you try P90X. It will prove you wrong.:p This was coming from a guy that runs 5 miles every morning, like it's nothing.

quadbod
07-10-2009, 12:53 PM
WTF? This workout looks the bollox.

What exactly is the deal??

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hEK9LrA83Jg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hEK9LrA83Jg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TWISTED DINLI
07-10-2009, 02:23 PM
we did an ab workout of p90 in my weight lifting class at school and it was pretty insane. it got our abs burning big time lol

LTRracer4
07-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by quadbod
WTF? This workout looks the bollox.

What exactly is the deal??

The deal is having the money up front, commiting for 90 days, and working your *** off for an hour everyone of those days. Im stoked:devil:

RIDEREDson
07-10-2009, 09:06 PM
I seen a commercial for that MMA thing that hooks on your door and it looks intense! Anyone else know what I'm talkin about?

07-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by LTRracer4
Does anyone, or has anyone done this workout? ive been reading blogs on it for an hour now, and im sold. Im in great shape right now, some of the best in mylife, but anyone else that worksout everyday knows its never enough. Is this workout any good if you are already built? And is it true you only need dumbells and a chin up bar? How expensive is it to follow the nutrition side of things? if i can get these questions answered im gunna order it next week and ill keep you guys updated on my results!

I've thought about ordering it many times but I have yet to read something about someone who is skinny and can't gain weight to save their life with results. Maybe I should just buck up and try it.. Weigh 143 on a good day at 6' 3"

LTRracer4
07-11-2009, 01:45 AM
Win the lottery, then go to walmart and buy a bunch of high protein Boost. Drink 3 a day along with your regular meals and you will put on some weight. a good rule of thumb. if you want to get bigger, what ever you want to weigh... say you weight 143, but want to be 180. then eat atleast 180g of protein a day, as well as working out and doing active things like that. I just like an intense workout that i can do at home. and if these fat ppl are getting inshape then it has to be good for someone already in good shape.

JRP
07-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Win the lottery, then go to walmart and buy a bunch of high protein Boost. Drink 3 a day along with your regular meals and you will put on some weight. a good rule of thumb. if you want to get bigger, what ever you want to weigh... say you weight 143, but want to be 180. then eat atleast 180g of protein a day, as well as working out and doing active things like that. I just like an intense workout that i can do at home. and if these fat ppl are getting inshape then it has to be good for someone already in good shape.

You should eat ATLEAST 1g of protein per pound of body weight. I takin in 350g a day, im 187lbs... Im bulking now, aka gaining fat/muscle, to look stocky, then next summer, I will cut down and have more muscle than i do now. If you say you can't gain weight, your lieing. EVERYONE can gain weight, you just have to eat more... Daily caloric intake for me to just maintain is like 3200, i take in 5,000 cals a day, and on cheat days(1 day a week), easily 8,000. I gain weight kinda hard, but its possible if you eat lots! Don't go on p90x if your 6ft 3 and 143 lbs, im 5'11 and almost 190lbs, and p90 just thins you out even more and gets you little muscles... ALL IMO!

LTRracer4
07-11-2009, 01:21 PM
yeah, im right around 4700 caloric intake daily. im 5'10 175lbs. My weight fluxuates about 30lbs as the year goes. I bulk up untill christmas (usually 25 lbs from august to christmas) then i switch to intense cardio and endurance and cut untill the season, then i try and ride alot and let that do whatever i pleases.

JRP
07-11-2009, 02:18 PM
yeah, im right around 4700 caloric intake daily. im 5'10 175lbs. My weight fluxuates about 30lbs as the year goes. I bulk up untill christmas (usually 25 lbs from august to christmas) then i switch to intense cardio and endurance and cut untill the season, then i try and ride alot and let that do whatever i pleases.

Yeah i feel you man, ive just honestly never herd of that way before lol, with couting how many grams of protein you should take in. Always herd 1g for every lb of body weight, and for me, i try to take in 2-2.5g. Im trying to get up near 220 or so in the next year lol. Not really riding much more, no time now with work(6 days a week) so now, im just trying to get big to say the least lol