PDA

View Full Version : Twitter!!!

blakefoote
07-10-2009, 10:25 AM
All the hype about this Twitter deal made me go ahead and get one... And i thought I would let the ATV people be the first to know...its not too interesting right now but i need followers and ppl to follow so look me up!

www.twitter.com/blakefoote191

ZeroLogic
07-10-2009, 10:26 AM
What the hell is twitter?:huh

blakefoote
07-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
What the hell is twitter?:huh

kinda like myspace and facebook....

Guy400
07-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
What the hell is twitter?:huh I don't know. Never personally used it or even seen it but I know people who actually use it. It's like a website that you update real-time as to what you are doing so your followers can read it and know. If you ask me it's the stupidest thing I've heard of in a long time. It's a shame that people's lives aren't fulfilling enough on their own that they have to follow someone else's via an electronic device. An example would be if I had a Twitter site it would be:

17:00 - Sat down to eat dinner, ordered steak.
17:30 - Steak is here and it's good.
18:15 - Got cheesecake for dessert but the steak was better.
18:30 - Going to see a movie after dinner.
22:00 - Movie sucked.
22:15 - Pooping.
22:18 - Wiping.
23:00 - Had a beer and going to bed.

As if I want or need a minute-by-minute update as to what someone else is up to. I have real friends, not internet social-networking ones. When I want to know what they're up to I call every couple days or so.

Scro
07-10-2009, 10:55 AM
I really don't think it was designed to be used that way. People just blew it completely out of proportion. Now they are doing like your example and documenting every, single thing they do during the day. I could see where it would be useful, if you really needed to communicate with a mass of people at one time. But other than that, it's a pathetic waste of time.

PhilMoore
07-10-2009, 11:37 AM
I signed up for that about three weeks ago, but haven't used it at tall.

But two hot chicks have signed up to "follow me"!!

I am so excited!

Oh, wait, by the looks of their websites, they may not be what I think...

hondariderdylan
07-10-2009, 11:46 AM
watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfSYpQFxh0k

he is goofy looking but he speaks the truth