PDA

View Full Version : How do I test my shocks?

erbilabuc
07-10-2009, 12:29 AM
its been almost 3 years. PEP wants 150$ in labor. Sorry but a monkey with a wrench and a tuna can is able to take their shocks apart. I would like to test the pressure or even replace the fluid but Im not sure what pressure they should be at? 200psi is what I have been hearing (nitrogen of course).
they are the LT pep big bottle 8 click shocks

any thoughts or suggestions?

godzilla
07-10-2009, 08:16 AM
taking them apart is not the problem...its bleeding them properly after, if not they will fade.

Do yourself a favor and get it done right by people who know what they are doing.

erbilabuc
07-10-2009, 10:57 AM
can you do me a favor and re-read what I wrote please. I need to know what the pressure is supposed to be set at. Taking apart a shock isnt rocket science. I have redone 3 shocks but they were all OHLINS for my motorcycles and in the manual it tells you what pressure to run but I dont know what PEP requires.
If you feel like doing something yourself then here you go. Its the only atv one I could find but they publish it for all of their shocks.

BTW: bleeding a shock is easier then bleeding brakes!

http://www.gasgasrider.org/ohlins_workshop.pdf

godzilla
07-10-2009, 12:25 PM
I was commenting on your comment about taking shocks apart, now take your G string out of your crack and relax.

Originally posted by erbilabuc

BTW: bleeding a shock is easier then bleeding brakes!

your dilusional, but here you go anyways:

probably 150 PSI