PDA

View Full Version : Props to Lonestar!

Pappy
07-09-2009, 09:28 PM
I have to give a big thumbs up to LSR for stepping it up in this bad economy and filling a much needed void for one particuliar model.

When I did the review and build on the Raptor 250, I commented on how well it would be for a beginer, but for those that would find themselves racing it, the chassis would be the weak link.

LSR is now meeting a demand head on and good for them! I usually wouldnt post this, especially in the Open forum but I think when a company stands up and takes a gamble for those in the racing side of things, they should be acknowledged!

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/lone-star-racing-2009-yamaha-raptor-250-atv-chassis-frame.html

jcv400ex
07-09-2009, 09:39 PM
that's awesome, but don't you need to run the stock frames at AMA sanctioned events now?

Pappy
07-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Just in a few of the classes, mainly pro, pro am and production.

extremeblastr
07-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Just in a few of the classes, mainly pro, pro am and production.

i thought they could change them out now? as long as they replace it with one that has the exact geometry as stock...of course that would kind of defeat the whole purpose of getting an aftermarkt one...idk lol i'm just rambling cuz i have nothing better to do

wvspeedfreak
07-10-2009, 05:31 AM
I have given LSR props before for their outstanding customer service and I am definately glad they came out with this chassis!Perfect timing too

:)

dehner47
07-10-2009, 10:08 AM
IMO lonestar has always been a front runner with new products and meeting the demand of todays off-road racers. ive personally never ran there products, but have always been known to have top knotch parts at top knotch prices. there a company that will be around for a long time coming and will no doubt help are sport grow to the patential that it can be. keep doin what you do lonestar :D

deathman53
07-10-2009, 10:10 AM
I know some people that run lsr, walsh and roll 250r frames. I think they race 250a or 250b, open, age classes and pro am. They race hybrids too. You can't race pro production class with a aftermarket frame and maybe pro class.

wolfpack91
07-10-2009, 11:22 PM
You can't run the LSR frame in the youth PRODUCTION classes. So no AMA sanctioned event for the 13-15 class or 15-17 class.

Nice of them to step up, but kind of a waste of time and money in my opinion. How about a guset kit instead?

Pappy
07-10-2009, 11:44 PM
I would say that for 2010, there could be a rule change.

There are far more folks racing these in local series that will be more then covered by this chassis.

And a gusset kit will not prevent the frame from bending

QuadJunkies
07-11-2009, 12:20 AM
I think its great, its just unfortunate that the stock frame isnt as good off the show room floor or even remotely durable. Im reading it over and over and I actually got to see one fold fairly easy tagging a tree at the last race I was at. I cant wait to get our hands on one this fall, I hear many good things about the 250 but the frame wasnt one of them.

Heck, by the time you put full suspension and chassis, about the only thing you have thats original is the motor. :p

Great job to Lonestar. I guess we will see where the future lies on it in the Nats.

wolfpack91
07-11-2009, 12:08 PM
The ATVA is not going to change the production rule for the youth 13-15 class to allow aftermarket frames or bike 250f motors. It won't happen. Why would they change a rule so that the 5 peope that race the Yamaha at the nationals can use an LSR frame? Makes no sense and there is no need to change the rule.
Besides, spend all that money on a frame plus all the other stuff it takes to make one race ready and it still won't run with a built 300ex with it's stock frame.:rolleyes:

Argue what you want, but how many Yamaha's have won a national? MX or GNCC?

As for racing it locally with the LSR frame? NOT if it is AMA sanctioned. Youth classes are are different than amatuer.

They have been out for 2 seasons now, so if it were going to happen it would have by now.

wvspeedfreak
07-11-2009, 03:18 PM
I couldn't care less about what the ATVA does or doesn't do.I am just glad Lonestar designed and built a frame for the raptor 250.There is a need for it and they stepped up to the plate.

In my situation I have a quad that I have spent money in suspension and other mods and the frame is junk.If it wasn't for LSR my only option would be buying another stock (junk) frame,changing everything over and having it bend up again.
Once again......props to LSR!

Quad18star
07-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Props to LSR for their commitement.

Pappy
07-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by wolfpack91

Argue what you want, but how many Yamaha's have won a national? MX or GNCC?

Walker Fowler, Youth Production Champion Raptor 250 GNCC

Im not arguing anything...and from what i was told, orders are piling up. Go LSR!:D

And you need to look bigger then the AMA races and the Youth classes....not everyone races those. The Rappy is a great quad for playing around, it just happens to have a weak frame

wolfpack91
07-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Very good!! I missed the Walker Fowler #1.
One person that could ride a 90 and win that class but it still counts.

There are other organizations other than the AMA/ATVA and I do realize that. So if folks run those other series this is a very viable option to a not so dependable frame. I have some local guys that have LSR YFZ frames for local races and another bike they race a stock frame in production classes at the nats.

IMO I just think it's silly to have to spend over 2 grand extra just to ride a blue bike when the red one will do the same for less money.

timmybreakitall
07-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Allie Shelman 12-15 mod and 12-15 mod sport WORCS 1st place pts both classes ( I kinda know her ) look it up. Lone Star / Fox and busted up frame. Kudos Lonestar.