PDA

View Full Version : Help Help Help!!!!!!!

ppeengines
07-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Help,
I received a g force axle. I thought the axle came with a sprocket hub. Well it didnt. I contacted the guy and he said that you use your stock sprocket hub. i DIDNT THINK THE STOCK HUB EVEN CAME OFF.. Ok I got my axle off and on the left side of the hub if you are looking at it from behind the quad there is a little snap ring in it. But there is the sprocket hub over it and I can not figure out how to get this snap ring off. Do it try and tap the sprocket hub towards the right towards the brake hub?? Cuz i tried it and it dont budge. I soaked it right now with penatrating oil. I cant figure it out and I dont want to ruin my hub and be out of no axle to ride this weekend. So any help will be appreciated

jkiserracing
07-09-2009, 09:03 PM
I think the G Force axles come with the sprocket hub all ready. The stock one will not work....( I dont think) most Honda aftermarket axles I thought came with the new hub. You can call Rocky Mountain ATV in the morning to verify. But I wouldnt try to take the hub off that stock one just yet.....

ppeengines
07-09-2009, 09:03 PM
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT?? Are these hubs pressed on? trying to get an answer tonight hopefully

metalman101
07-09-2009, 09:08 PM
PPE,
The G-Force axle comes with a sprocket hub,This guy is giving you the run-around,,,I have a brand new one sitting here in front of me if you what a pic

ppeengines
07-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by jkiserracing
I think the G Force axles come with the sprocket hub all ready. The stock one will not work....( I dont think) most Honda aftermarket axles I thought came with the new hub. You can call Rocky Mountain ATV in the morning to verify. But I wouldnt try to take the hub off that stock one just yet.....

the guy who i got it off of here said he used the stock sprocket hub. And you are right, they do come with them, but not this one. THIS F$$$IN SUCKS !!! I dont want to jump to conclusions and said he is wrong. Scratch what i just said. I just looked at the pictures that he had for when he was selling the axle and he does not have no stock sprocket hub on his axle.

ppeengines
07-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by metalman101
PPE,
The G-Force axle comes with a sprocket hub,This guy is giving you the run-around,,,I have a brand new one sitting here in front of me if you what a pic

Ya i just figured it out that I got the run around, cuz i just looked at his picture with the axle and it has an aftermarket sprocket hub on it. This is 2 times in a row i just got burnt dealing on here. I done doing business of this site. Post me a picture and I am gonna post his picture what his looks like.

ppeengines
07-09-2009, 09:20 PM
this is what his hub looked like on his quad. I talked to him right when i got it and he said he used his stock hub. I am gonna give him a call tomorrow morning and see whats up. But i am not jumping to conclusions yet.

ppeengines
07-09-2009, 09:29 PM
this is my stock axle with sprocket hub and the axle he sold me and the way I recieved it in a 3 inch tubed. No way a sprocket hub could even fit in the tube he sent it in.

metalman101
07-09-2009, 09:40 PM
just bought this axle acouple of weeks ago,,here's a pic,,
and as far as I know,they've always have come with a sprocket hub,,
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/level4g/ax1.jpg?t=1247196763

ppeengines
07-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by metalman101
just bought this axle acouple of weeks ago,,here's a pic,,
and as far as I know,they've always have come with a sprocket hub,,
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/level4g/ax1.jpg?t=1247196763

Looks like the same one on his quad dont it? Cuz you can see on my stock hub it dont have no indentations as yours is smooth.

Scro
07-10-2009, 06:39 AM
I would count those splines before trying to swap hubs. It looks like that G-force has less. The stock hub can be pressed off the stock axle, and I know it will work on a LSR axle. I had to press mine off with a 60 ton press. You're wasting your time trying to beat it off.

jkiserracing
07-10-2009, 06:39 AM
Well he needs to send you the hub asap or take back the axle...........or...he needs to call rocky mountain and buy you another hub if he has lost it (which I doubt) The bottom line is when you buy a 450r axle.....it needs to include the sprocket hub that fits that particular axle...I know its somewhat risky buying and selling parts on here to folks you dont know, but.........you never know....Surely he still has the hub. What else would he need it for. It will only fit the G-Force axle????

ppeengines
07-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by jkiserracing
Well he needs to send you the hub asap or take back the axle...........or...he needs to call rocky mountain and buy you another hub if he has lost it (which I doubt) The bottom line is when you buy a 450r axle.....it needs to include the sprocket hub that fits that particular axle...I know its somewhat risky buying and selling parts on here to folks you dont know, but.........you never know....Surely he still has the hub. What else would he need it for. It will only fit the G-Force axle????

He said he is shippig it out. He didnt realize it and was a simple mistake. I was about to try to press it out with my 30ton press but i wanted to ask on this forum first. Thanks for the help and replies. I wasnt gonna jump the gun and start point fingers until i talk to the person. thanks