PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Spacers

Pack
07-09-2009, 08:58 AM
What do you guys think about these? I've only considered them since I trailride a lot, and would like something easy to put on and remove.

Are they just dumb in general? Is it pointless to even get them? What'cha think?

proctorbc2005
07-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Personally If I were trail riding, I would not run wheel spacers. You never know when you will need that extra inch or two of clearance.

I had a set on my bike for about a month, and removed them.

Ride1Rob
07-09-2009, 01:05 PM
It all depends on the trails are where you ride. Here in Florida the trails are pretty wide. I have a MX setup and there's still extra clearance.

proctorbc2005
07-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
It all depends on the trails are where you ride. Here in Florida the trails are pretty wide. I have a MX setup and there's still extra clearance.

I guess you are right, Most of the trails I run are dirt bike, or un-maintained trails, so clearance sometime can be an issue.

Nothing like clipping a Carolina Pine with your back wheel when you are running 40mph, and turning your axel in to a "L". Thankfully G-Force Axels have a lifetime guarantee, I have had to replace 1 already. "Thanks Rocky Mountain ATV"

Pack
07-10-2009, 10:26 AM
No, I mean like, I want to be able to put something on there to easily remove in case I go out on serious trails that narrowing would be better.

I am planning on going to the Dunes, and think that the wider, the better for out there. But I don't want to get A-arms to make it wider, where I'd want to remove them when I go to a trail place called Chadwick around here.

But if wheel spacers are just completely stupid, I don't want to worry about it.

proctorbc2005
07-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Most wheel spacers are easily removable, thev bolt to your stock hubs, and have seperate bolts for the wheel lugs. Easy as changing a tire.

Pack
07-10-2009, 01:30 PM
So you guys have nothing against them?

proctorbc2005
07-10-2009, 01:55 PM
It is a cheap, effective method of making your bike wider. As I said before, I ran with a set for a while, I chose to remove them because trails here are too narrow. If trails here were better, I would run with them.

G-Force makes well constructed front and rear spacers, strong and light weight. and cheap compared to other brands.

450rJam
07-11-2009, 02:43 PM
I had them on my kids quads when they where younger but they didnt ride too hard back then

your weight and how high you plan on jumping (even in sand)
would be things to consider

for trails and easy riding if your under 200 pounds I think would be fine

if your a big'in like me or like to air it out I dont think I would go with spacers

it will increase bump steer on front (you have stabilizer?)

Pack
07-12-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm about 265. And plan on doing a little jumping at the dunes. So, they're likely to just break and fall off? If that's true, I don't want them.