PDA

View Full Version : Tom Carlson Supertrapp????

proctorbc2005
07-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Thinking about buying an Tom Carlson Supertrapp Full Exhaust system for my bike. I have a full Yoshi SR7 system on it now, that a friend is begging me to sell him.

Would the TCR full system be an up or down grade for me?

How do the "disk packs" work? There is not a lot of info on the supertrapp web page. Just a bunch of stuff promoting the pipe (which is expected)

mxpimp2000
07-09-2009, 09:18 PM
if u get the shorty like the old hybrids and some bikes still have them then they are nice pipes but if i was going to switch exhaust id get hmf full system, i went from the TC shorty full system to a hmf full system and i like the hmf and the TC bout the same except the TC was louder

dehner47
07-13-2009, 09:18 AM
stick with the yosh. you'll be much happier in the long run. yes the shirty is a great exhaust. a bit loud, but still a great pipe. but i'd say stick with your yosh. probably makes more power and a quiter sound. the yosh can be repacked and will pass all sound testing at the races. and if you dont race, it will help the riding community by keeping the noise down while you ride. cause remember, tracks and riding areas are being shut down cause of noise. so do the right thing and keep the noise as low as possible.

JR3
07-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
stick with the yosh. you'll be much happier in the long run. yes the shirty is a great exhaust. a bit loud, but still a great pipe. but i'd say stick with your yosh. probably makes more power and a quiter sound. the yosh can be repacked and will pass all sound testing at the races. and if you dont race, it will help the riding community by keeping the noise down while you ride. cause remember, tracks and riding areas are being shut down cause of noise. so do the right thing and keep the noise as low as possible.

I have the old school style TC shorty. I switched from a yoshi to a tc just because the yoshi lacked the bottom end grunt i wanted. The TC is a beast and really aint that loud. Ive had a TC on 2 of my previous race bikes ive tryed many exhausts and always come back to a TC.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/250ex3/DSCN2490.jpg

proctorbc2005
07-13-2009, 06:14 PM
As far as the sound is concerned, the super trap can have disks added/removed. To adjust for sound/power. There are baffels you can also install to make it quiet.

I have done some research, and all of the Dyno tests I looked at had the TC supertrapp well above the Yoshi pipe in power produced.

In fact there were very few above the TC exhaust.

I have already purchase the full exhaust system adn sold my yoshi to my buddy. If I do not like it, he has agreed to trade me strait accross if I do not like the TC.

I paid about the same ammout for both exhausts, so there is no real loss on my part.

Thanks for all the input guys. It was helpfull.

JR3
07-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by proctorbc2005
As far as the sound is concerned, the super trap can have disks added/removed. To adjust for sound/power. There are baffels you can also install to make it quiet.

I have done some research, and all of the Dyno tests I looked at had the TC supertrapp well above the Yoshi pipe in power produced.

In fact there were very few above the TC exhaust.

I have already purchase the full exhaust system adn sold my yoshi to my buddy. If I do not like it, he has agreed to trade me strait accross if I do not like the TC.

I paid about the same ammout for both exhausts, so there is no real loss on my part.

Thanks for all the input guys. It was helpfull.

wait until u bolt that puppy on. im not just being one of those guys who just got into racing and has his first quad and any part he puts on it is the best. trust me dude you wont be disapointed like i said ive tryed the others but keep coming back to a tc. and remeber to jet it perfect u can have the best pipe made by god himself but it aint gonna do no good if u arent jetted properly

dehner47
07-15-2009, 06:54 AM
jr, i want a pipe made by god. where do you pick one of those up at??? and when i do find it, it better make that ungodly piney power you keep telling me about:devil:

JR3
07-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
jr, i want a pipe made by god. where do you pick one of those up at??? and when i do find it, it better make that ungodly piney power you keep telling me about:devil:

piney power comes from within young grasshpper. or after :bandit:

proctorbc2005
07-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by JR3
wait until u bolt that puppy on. im not just being one of those guys who just got into racing and has his first quad and any part he puts on it is the best. trust me dude you wont be disapointed like i said ive tryed the others but keep coming back to a tc. and remeber to jet it perfect u can have the best pipe made by god himself but it aint gonna do no good if u arent jetted properly

Bolted it up yesterday, noticeable power increse over the yoshi pipe, espicaly in the mid range and top end. It is very very very loud.

As far as jetting is concerned, The elderbrock doesnt really have jets, just the pilot needle that is adjustable. I am putting my bike on a Dyno this weekend, to see where my hp is now. I'm guessing high 60's.

JR3
07-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by proctorbc2005
Bolted it up yesterday, noticeable power increse over the yoshi pipe, espicaly in the mid range and top end. It is very very very loud.

As far as jetting is concerned, The elderbrock doesnt really have jets, just the pilot needle that is adjustable. I am putting my bike on a Dyno this weekend, to see where my hp is now. I'm guessing high 60's.

Yea im on a built motor kinda similar to yours. with a stock carberator with the boysen quick shot and the zip ty fule screw . i believe my main jet is a 180 my pilot is a 48 and my fule screw is out 3/4 of a turn. thats running vp c 12 thoe at 13.5 compression . hope that helps ya any

jr