PDA

View Full Version : Xc 20" Tire And Riim????

rescuescrub
07-09-2009, 07:34 AM
Im pretty sure I want to go to a 20" tire for xc buit as far as rim diameter 8",9",10" how does the difference affect the quad. Also the actual tire width's. Also any suggestions as a tire?? Was lookin at the ITP's. Any help would be appreciated....Ron. IM SOO CONFUSED

Scro
07-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Most everybody runs 9x9 wheels. If you use an 8 inch wheel with 20 inch tire, you will have alot of roll in the sidewall of the tire. With the 10 inch wheels, the sidewalls are smaller, which will make for a bumpier ride. A 9 inch wheel is a happy medium, and the most popular.

I run Razr2 fronts, and Razr1 rears. This is also the most popular combo.

ccdhowell
07-13-2009, 04:49 PM
+1 on the 9" rear, I have run a 10" rear wheel before and don't like it, stay with a 9" rear, you'll also have more of a tire choice. Now for Holeshot tires: I've run everything available for XC except the GNCC rears and it is really a personal preference kind of thing. My current tire preferences are Holeshot XC fronts and Holeshot HD rears, but the HD rears don't slide so well, so if I want to slide more I put on the XC rears and if the track is muddy I run GNCC fronts cause they work better than XC fronts in mud. I definately run the HDs in mud, I like the XC rears best of any rear I've tried, I switched to the HDs for a rocky last race before the summer break and remembered how much I liked them too, they hook-up like no other tire...kinda heavy though, you can tell the extra weight. It's expensive but fun to play with tire choices.

And I only run 20" rears and 22" fronts, only because that is my choice.