PDA

View Full Version : Quick high comp piston. and cam question

NoFrillz
01-06-2003, 08:24 PM
Hey guys, I have a question right now I could just about go out and buy a Wiseco High comp piston which is what I want, BUT I would like to put a cam on too but I can't afford that for a few months, would it be fine to drop the piston in and buy the cam later, or put them in all at once.

Secondly, what kind of a hp gain am I looking at with the piston alone, and then with the cam too.

Thanks guys

Layne

DantheEXman
01-06-2003, 08:26 PM
Secondly, what kind of a hp gain am I looking at with the piston alone, and then with the cam too

It all Depends on what compression you are going to run.

NoFrillz
01-06-2003, 08:28 PM
interesting.....I wasn't sure.....they never offered me options.....lol allright
thirdly what would be a good compression ratio to go to that won't sacrifice a whole hang of a lot of reliability, and still allow me to run pump gas (premium :D )

NoFrillz
01-06-2003, 09:03 PM
any suggestions?

01-06-2003, 09:27 PM
id do it all at once. 1 you wont see that much with the piston and not the cam. 2 why open the engine one month then do it again in another month. better off doing it all at once. 3 if u want to run race gas go with 12:1 or higher. if not 11:1 and i believe u can run the highest pump. just my 2 cents tho

F-16Guy
01-07-2003, 09:37 AM
I think I'd wait and do it all at once. You'll have to do the install, and then take it apart again to reset valve lash. If you wait on the cam, you'll get to tear everything apart atleast 3 times! It's fun, but it's not that fun.
I don't have any dyno sheets, but my bike pulls my buddy's Z, and my brother's piped and jetted Craptor.

01-07-2003, 09:49 AM
be patiant and do it all at once..;)