PDA

View Full Version : trx 400ex wont start

mikemegener
07-08-2009, 10:15 PM
put in new battery rode for about one hour could not start bike.
battery has charge, turn key push button and nothing happens.
What do you think it is.

Thanks

matt14c
07-08-2009, 10:26 PM
First check that your battery connections are still tight. Then check the fuses. Check to make sure everything is tight back there with the wires and that nothing came disconnected with the new battery.

killer400ex
07-09-2009, 11:37 AM
i had a problem like this, the negative wire on mine kept breaking loose from the clamp on the frame, but does the neutral light come on at all? and i had my starter solenoid go on mine too about a year ago, i would turn the key, the neutral light came on and when i hit the starter button it would click but nothing would happen, but if i kicked it and hit the button at the same time it would start lol, i guess the internals wore out and it couldn't move the solenoid to make a connection

mikemegener
07-12-2009, 06:39 PM
battery cables tight battery holds charge,fuse good,nuetral light comes on push button hear click sometimes, but will not start, light goes out. ????

h400exrider
07-12-2009, 09:34 PM
yea make sure the terminals are clean and the wires are making a good connection i had that problem with mine it would start then shut off and i had to roll start it buy yea make sure they are good and clean

Ntensweapon
07-12-2009, 10:03 PM
check the solenoid cables also. may have loosened up when you removed the battery