PDA

View Full Version : how hard is it?

extremeblastr
07-08-2009, 09:45 PM
to put a crank in a 450r, buddy bought a motor for his honda and it came without a crank:confused: guy he bought it from says it was his backup motor but he ended up just scavenging the crank to put in his race bike...

timmy400exfast
07-08-2009, 10:09 PM
well i think you need split the cases might as whell take it to a shop

timmy400exfast
07-08-2009, 10:10 PM
we did it on my old little 02 rm 85 and it was not the eaiest

extremeblastr
07-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by timmy400exfast
well i think you need split the cases might as whell take it to a shop

no time, has to be up and running by early saturday...not to mention the guy who the motor belongs to now can barely afford the gasket kit after buying a new crank

Ruby Soho
07-08-2009, 10:39 PM
you can do it in a night if your good with motors.

still needa break it in

ohiomxyfz
07-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
no time, has to be up and running by early saturday...

It can be done fairly quickly. This being your first i suggest a manual. but DO NOT rush this process. He will be out more than just a crank if he rushes. Look at the this way. When you get to the crank, your as far into these engines as you can get.

extremeblastr
07-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by ohiomxyfz
It can be done fairly quickly. This being your first i suggest a manual. but DO NOT rush this process. He will be out more than just a crank if he rushes. Look at the this way. When you get to the crank, your as far into these engines as you can get.

got the manual already, going to get the gaskets tomorrow and hopefully get started around lunch time and have it all done and ready to go a little after dinner, i've been down to the crank in all my 2 smokers but always been a little iffy about tearing into the 4 because of all the extra parts i have to pay attention to now. oh well all in all i guess it'll be good practice for the winter build that i'll be starting midsummer lol

Scro
07-09-2009, 07:03 AM
It's not extremely hard. Just have a clean work space, and an area to sit all the parts.

Ruf Racing
07-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Grab your digital camera, and take lots of pictures. This will
help tremendously. Good luck......