PDA

View Full Version : engine builders? need advice

mxpimp2000
07-08-2009, 09:26 PM
who builds the best yfz motors? im looking to get a port job and 1mm bigger valves and cams.

right now my 06 motor is stock except for 13:1 piston,cam mod,and basic mods such as exhaust and air filter.

im thinking about getting

FCI intake
hotcams
port n polish
1mm bigger valves
bored carb

about how much hp will this add and how much difference will i be able to tell?

Ride1Rob
07-09-2009, 08:07 AM
With those mods you'll see a nice increase in hp. It'll really bring a smile to your face when you hit the gas. I have the port job with the hotcams and my bike is pretty sick! I used to have the hc piston and it gives a tad bit more bottom. Honestly, not really that noticeable for me to really miss it. With all the mods you're talking about doing that'll add up to some nice hp. And remember, if it's not jetted for the best performance it'll rob quite a bit of hp from the motor. You know how to get in touch with me if you have anymore ?'s.

proctorbc2005
07-09-2009, 08:41 AM
I just did the following mods. CW Big Bore, Head Port/polish, Stage 3 Hot cams, Hot rod stroker crank, Vortex Ignition, Elderbrock carb, Yoshi Exhaust, and Kibble white +1 valves. Not to mention had "all" engine bearings, gaskets, o-rings replaced.

The bike is not the same. It was like going from an Yugo, to a Ferrari. It is almost double stock horsepower.

Price tag was a little much. About $3500 in parts and labor.

And there is a lot of "post maintenance" that will need to be performed, inspecting the motor 20-30 hours to check for wear.

Local mechanic did all work, including the port and polish. I will PM you his contact info, after I talk to him and if he is willing to do it. He is a "SUPER" busy guy, this time of year, and may not have the time right now.

h&h
07-09-2009, 08:45 AM
H&H EXTREME ATV do's alot of kits for drag racing and tt and motocross, all in house work and nice power and cheapest around town there number is 816-690-0007 ask for josh

yfzrider690
07-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I just won a raffle over on yfztech.com for a full port job and valve job from mmad. They are in california and from what I have read he is one of the top builders for yfz's. He builds drag bikes that win a lot of four stroke wars in glamis. All he works on is yamaha's so he knows them like the back of his hand. A guy I know had dasa do there head and they messed it up so they sent it to mmad and he was still able to get power out of it even though he didn't have a complete head to work on. The guys name is Geoff and his number is 619-562-6623. Give him a call he knows his stuff on the yfz's.