PDA

View Full Version : how do you install the 400ex shocks and the koq bracket? HELP!

dirtdawg
07-08-2009, 04:29 PM
i just got the koq locator and can't get the shocks to fit in. i already cut the thing to get it to fit. the 400ex shocks are on the bracket and the a-arms, but i can't seem to compress the shocks to get the bracket low enough to bolt to the frame. i only need to move it a little over half an inch to fit them in. if anyone has done this before let me know what i need to do to get them to fit. i'm using the stock a-arms btw.

JohnT_98300EX
07-08-2009, 05:38 PM
stock a arms are going to make it tough, if not impossible without some "modification" It was a ***** getting the thing in place on mine even with 400ex lowers.

If you are set on 300ex arms try taking the shock off the bracket, mount the bracket, then lower the arm (with the shock mounted to the bottom a arm) till the eye will line up. I had to tweak the bracket a bit, (A BUNCH) to get it to line up.

Just don't mess up the bracket. I've got some a arms here somewhere, you can have them CHEAP. Some 250R uppers with adjustable ball joints and some 400 ex. The bad news is I am leaving for my daughters wedding and won't be back till early next week.

dirtdawg
07-09-2009, 01:51 PM
i tried by undoing the tierod at the spindle to get it lower, but it still wasn't low enough. the bracket is my problem. you shouldn't have to compress the shock to get it to fit, at least that's how my other quads were. who sells a bracket for relatively cheap that ACTUALLY WORKS?

dirtdawg
07-11-2009, 10:31 AM
do you have a set of 400ex a-arms for left and right? what about spindles?