PDA

View Full Version : first ride on the pred, results

uchi
07-08-2009, 04:03 PM
well my shifter finally came in, os i got it on and went for my first official ride. it was good. power comes on hard, real hard. this thing is definatly a torque monster, no doubt about that. topend i wish it would pull a bit harder but its still pretty strong. maybe a cam is in its future. the suspension is no where near as nice as my 400. this thing feels big and sloppy where the 400 feels like its a sports car. brakes on this thing however are very good. she feels like shes making power right to the limiter as i hit it a few times today winding her out. definatly faster than my 400 no doubts there. got a few thumbs up and a nod from a guy in a newer trans am even. and she sounds pissed. top fuel drag car kind of pissed. i just went around my neighbourhood to make sure everything works fine. the shifter is a little interesting. up and downshifts are very tight, they dont feel like my 400 at all, its like having a short throw shifter in a car. except for first gear. you have to lcick it down a little further to get into first. which is nice because you always know if youre in first or not. all in all its a great machine. suspension mods are probabyl first on my list i want this thing to feel a bit stiffer. the first real ride happens this weekend. maybe ill even take it out tomorrow for a short run around but i dont wanna go too far without another quad to tow me home incase something happens.

oh and the torque, first gear, nothing but sky and i weigh 270, second gear i can hold her down a bit but i cant roll into the throttle hard or she lifts. as it is leaning on the bars i can feel it gliding over the ground, feels lie its a few inches up, lol, third gear she stays planted, unless i hit a small dip or bump, then she comes up. a damn monster :D

honda400ex2003
07-08-2009, 05:23 PM
good to hear uchi. what is her name anyway? lol, steve

uchi
07-08-2009, 05:26 PM
No name yet. I was thinking lindsay lohan. Cause she likes to get ridden hard and put away wet. Haha

honda400ex2003
07-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Nice, not sure about that though, maybe jessica alba or something along those lines. lol, steve

uchi
07-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Ill call her michelle. I dated a michelle once. She was an angry money hungry *****. The preds angry so its suiting. Haha

BEAVER.989
07-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by uchi
Ill call her michelle. I dated a michelle once. She was an angry money hungry *****. The preds angry so its suiting. Haha

Hopefully she won't be the money hungry part...

uchi
07-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Man I hope not. Lol. But aren't they all

matt14c
07-08-2009, 08:58 PM
I dont see them in your sig so im guessing your on stock suspension on your 400 and maybe the first person to EVER say that 400 suspension is better than anything! Have fun with the new ride!

uchi
07-08-2009, 09:31 PM
as far as i know its stock. its got the shock covers on it and ive never removed them. it does a great job holding my weight over rough terrain and small jumps so who knows. ill pull the covers off and take alook one of these days.

the pred is just a heavier ride and from what i hear they naturally dont handle as well as the 400. other than that i have no complaints about it.

katch26
07-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Im not sure what the 400 shocks are set up for but the preds are like 175 or something like that. also take a look at the ride height because the previous owner may have just cranked down on the preload.

uchi
07-12-2009, 07:22 AM
from the looks of it he cranked down the front on the coilovers all the way. he was my size so imsure that was why. ill get a set of beter shocks in the future. today im taking her out on the first trail ride. ill see how things go from there. lets hope my luck stays good and it runs good all day long for me :D

uchi
07-12-2009, 12:13 PM
rode from 10 till 2 today with no issues. couple things need my attention. the front brakes, one grabs harder than the other, but even like that this thing stops so damn hard. im gonna play with the rear shock. i bottomoed it out a couple times and it almost bucked me off the quad. and im gonna need back tires. theyre lowish, low enough that with the torque this thing has all its doing is blowing the tires apart when i want them to grip. that being said. i raced with my buddy on his new arctic cat dvx400. his 400 and my 400ex were pretty much dead even before i regeared. we havent gotten a clean pull since i did as i managed to kill the bearings in the carrier. the pred makes his 400 look like a kids bike, lol. no lie. we were tlaking and hes like man, i was on it full out inthird gear through that trail and i hear you catching me but all your doing is loosing traction through third and still pulling me in. lol.

then we did a pull from a dig. i gave him a couple quad lengths head start, managed to launch it hard and had pulled and passed him by the time i was going into third. not just crawl by either, tromp. that was on pavement, second pull on pavement again, we had to cross a street. i gave him half the intersection before i got on it, first gear lifted hard so i left off grabed second, started to pull him in, missed third, gotta adjust my shifter, put it on too high, got it into third, caught him, and passed him before hitting 4th and leaving him lengths behind me :D

she held together all day and got a pretty good flogging.