PDA

View Full Version : What do you think (Clutch)

BKLEM
07-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Since i bought my 400 from a guy a while back the clutch has always been really hard to pull, its not the cable. So i took it apart and i noticed that he had i guess lost one of the bolts that hold the springs in so he just put one with a much bigger washer and it had a lip around the bottom of it. Do you think that this would be enough to be making my clutch bind making it a lot harder to pull in?

katch26
07-08-2009, 03:56 PM
maybe......id replace it anyways just cause I dont like stuff like that.

BKLEM
07-08-2009, 04:11 PM
what i really want to know is wether or not you think that that bolt being different could be causing my clutch to be so hard to pull

katch26
07-08-2009, 04:32 PM
if its causing it to hang up it would. When mine was like that it was the cable. Honestly theres lots of things it could be. If your basket is grooved it can hang up or be hard to pull or it could be he used extra stiff springs....lots of variables

BKLEM
07-08-2009, 05:42 PM
ya i've checked the basket no grooves and im almost positive that its not the cable. I know that it does have different springs in it but idk if they were replacement stock or HD ones, i guess i will try the bolt and at the same time replace the springs with some new stock ones