PDA

View Full Version : Which pipe for 400ex???? yoshimura or white bros r4??? Please help!!!

300ex_dude
01-06-2003, 08:03 PM
Which exhaust would be better for a 400ex...a yoshimura or white bros r4? Should I spend more money and get the full system or is it really that big of a difference? I can get the white bros for a really low price. Tell me the pro's and con's of each pipe. Thanx a lot

bklyn400ex
01-06-2003, 08:07 PM
i have the R4 and i like it, and it sounds great

300ex_dude
01-07-2003, 02:01 PM
Would someone please give me some more info??

wheeltrax
01-07-2003, 02:07 PM
I hear the Yoshis are a great pipe! My friend has the R4 and it made a big difference on his quad. I didnt believe him at first when he described it. Since it is only a slip on he got. But when i rode it, it was dif then stock in how the powerband was set up. It sounds really awesome too. I have never ridden a quad with the yoshi, so i dont know much bout it other than i hear its a great pipe. Since it is a full system, you will probably gain more power with it. I guess it all depends on how much you wish to spend

PHIL_B54
01-07-2003, 03:34 PM
how is the R4 quality wise, they look kinda cheap with the springs, but i dont know, just observed from pictures

someone is always selling them for $209 on ebay, i dont know how that cost compares with others

bklyn400ex
01-07-2003, 07:01 PM
i have the R4, it came unpolished, i polished it up, and it looks great now, here's a pic, its not really a great pic

OutlawEX
01-07-2003, 07:10 PM
Your gonna have alot of replys on this of all types..The best thing to do is narrow the ones u like and make a poll:square

brad_400ex
01-07-2003, 07:26 PM
I drove a Z400 with Yosh full system and jet kit. I could tell a huge difference in bottom end from stock. my friend has Yosh on his 400ex he really likes it for power and the nice sound. I would spend the extra money and get the full system with either setup.

300ex_dude
01-08-2003, 03:19 PM
I think i'm gonna go with the R4 beacuse it looks like a really good pipe and I can save some $$$$$. Does anyone else have anymore info.

Andrew400ex
01-08-2003, 03:40 PM
def yoshimura, better quality pipe

UglyMotha™
01-08-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by PHIL_B54
how is the R4 quality wise, they look kinda cheap with the springs, but i dont know, just observed from pictures

someone is always selling them for $209 on ebay, i dont know how that cost compares with others

the yosh has springs and so does the t-4 i think the springs are actually better cause it allow for flex

i just bought the r-4 pro meg but i can't comment on it cause i don't have a quad to put it on, i did have the e-series and it was a really nice pipe no complaints and real nice power gains

ill_lil_romey
01-08-2003, 06:30 PM
I put a R4 on my ex when it was stock, and the power gains were great over stock, and like someone said earlier it makes a huge differance in the power curve, and sounds awesome. I don't think that there is a question of quality because IMO White Brothers puts out great quality products. I have never ridden a yoshi equipt bike, but I know it is an awesome pipe, maybe not worth the $$ to me. If U do get the R4 or the Yoshi, just make sure everything is torqued down correctly! It sucks losing power through a loose connection.