PDA

View Full Version : Revoval Of Oil Injector Polaris Sportsman 90

CRBOGGAN
07-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Does anyone know what needs to be done to remove the oil injector on a sportsman 90 so it will be premix.

raptorobbie
07-08-2009, 11:41 AM
on my 01 Sportsman I removed the oil pump (bottom left side as your looking at the engine from front of bike), it was 2 bolts but i had to slide the jug out of the way in order to get at 1 of the bolts. Install an oil injection block-off plate in place of the pump - got mine from SMS. Disconnect the oil light wiring, remove the oil tank (you dont have to - but I did) and block off the oil line (rubber hose) going into the carb w/ a screw and ty-wrap.

Pre-mix I was told to use is 32:1 w/ a good synthetic - I love the smell of Dominator in the morning!

coleman33
07-08-2009, 11:45 AM
follow the oil line from the tank, around the right side of the head down into the fan cover. The line is hose clamped on. Remove the line and plug the nipple to repell water and dirt. remove the line and tank. Dont forget to premix!

guenther
07-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Drain all the gas from the tank. Cut the small oil line going into the carb about 6 inches from the carb. Cut the line from the oil tank where it goes over the cylinder cover (catch the oil coming from the oil tank in a container and drain it all). Make sure you leave enough line on each because you will feed about 2" - 3" of the small line (from the oil pump) into the big line (going to the pump) and use electrical tape to hold them together. You will create a closed loop of oil that is already in the system. If the oil pump ends up burning out, the little plastic gears will just strip and nothing will be hurt. I took a small screw and plugged off the oil inlet line to the carb, folded it over a couple times and taped of with electrical tape. Premix to 32:1 with a good oil. Disconnect the oil light connection at the oil tank. I rebuilt the top end of my son's '06 Predator and there was at least and 1/8" of oil/carbon build up on the piston and head. Premix will run much cleaner and your machine will love it. I got this tip from Todd at 11Slash racing at it's the best thing we've done for the bike. It only took about 30 minutes and many people do it this way.

raptorobbie
07-09-2009, 07:42 AM
keep in mind, if you're going to actually remove the oil pump from the engine, you will probably want to switch your throttle cable so a single pull cable - whoever sells you the block-off plate should have the right cable too.

guenther
07-09-2009, 10:43 AM
raptorrobbie is right, forgot to add that. What I actually did was took off the oil injection line from where it Ys to the throttle cable. You can pull down the rubber seal and remove it easily. I then took the line off the oil pump. Put a dab of hot glue in the rubber seal where the line came out of the Y to keep out water and you're good to go. Going this route will cost no money and just a little time. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by raptorobbie
keep in mind, if you're going to actually remove the oil pump from the engine, you will probably want to switch your throttle cable so a single pull cable - whoever sells you the block-off plate should have the right cable too.