PDA

View Full Version : rear wheel bearings or carrier??

tbrackman84
07-08-2009, 04:47 AM
i just got a 400 and when i stand on the pegs and kind of move the quad side to side there is play in the rear end, i tightened up the whole axle assembly, (honda mechanic did it for me quick) now i am wondering if i just need to replace the bearings or the entire carrier or what. Thanks any info wil help.

jrafter
07-08-2009, 05:21 AM
options

http://www.burgardcycle.com/xcart/product.php?productid=93&cat=1&page=1

or

http://www.burgardcycle.com/xcart/product.php?productid=32&cat=35&page=1

uchi
07-08-2009, 05:36 AM
thats good info, i was afriad with mine that if i damaged the carrier id have to replace the entire swing arm. nice to see theres a better option.

bigbad400
07-08-2009, 09:13 AM
that is good info but if its gone to far you may need an axle too. the sprocket hub may be chewed up too, and there not replacable on a stock axle, id suggest a g force its adjustable, its cheaper than stock replacement, it looks better than stock. and your dual carrier in that burguard cycles posting will work great with it. dual row bearings will take alot more abuse than the singles it comes stock with, and it helps to hold strength on wider axles. but with the g force you can run it stock size or +2 or +4 inches wider. for $167 or so on ebay new. and a lifetime warranty. and if this happens again the sprocket hub IS replaceable on the g force axle.

good luck, it turned out pricey for me too, but it lasted me along time now with that setup, and never a problem with it.

aDviSol2y
07-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Definatly change the whole carrier, but make sure you buy one with a grease zerk built in.

killer400ex
07-08-2009, 12:17 PM
deff go with lonestar, they have made the best stuff for me so farr, bugard is allright but lonestar is the **** by far

aDviSol2y
07-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by killer400ex
deff go with lonestar, they have made the best stuff for me so farr, bugard is allright but lonestar is the **** by far

Agreed! Haven't failed me yet! You get what you pay for! Remember that!