PDA

View Full Version : Building ONE BAD***** 500R Check it Out!!

ppeengines
07-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Ok guys here you go. I know not another attempt of a cr500 motor in a 250r frame. YES SIR MY HEART IS SLOWING DOWN AND I NEED SOMETHING TO GET IT PUMPING!! Ha ha. Well it all started with a brand new 250r frame I found someone had in their garage on a shelf, and i picked it up. Then I took a 93 cr500 motor and took it apart to the last bolt and bearing. Started from scratch.

MOTOR: Brand new everything!! Has a new crank with a falicon connecting rod. Bored .040 over. New wiseco piston. Ported and polished. New transmission gears. V force reed cage. Dynateck High amp Coil. New bearings and seals. I made custom billet motor mounts 1/2 inch thick. Pipe is being made for mid to topend. Hinson clutch basket and hinson plates and fibers. Boyseen stator cover and clutch cover. Jug is polished almost to a chrome finsish. Engine cases powder coated black. Magura hydraulic clutch from a 400ex with a custom fabricated clutch rod( one finger to pull this clutch in). Stock 250r radiator. High flow impeller. Still have some more fabricating the top mounts and still need to have new custom radiator hoses made.

CHASSIS:
New stock frame gusseted and filled with foam to knock down the vibration.
Gibson +3 a arms with all new ball joins and hiems. Gusseted rear swingarm with a modified pep no link shock Powder coated grey. New lonestar +4 axle. New ITP black 8x8 baja rims with 18inch razor mx's. Front razor mx's on Douglas red label black rims. Viper antivibe steering stem and clamp. Lonestar steering stem mount. New rear maier blue fenders. Tag fat bars with fasst antivibe bar inserts. New did gold x-ring chain with side winder sprockets. Powder coated metellic blue frame and hubs. Yellow powder coated Lower a arms.

Still have some work to do. Not sure On the color of the front fenders. Not sure if I want to go blue or yellow. What color do you think?
Here is the thing with this quad. I put alot of time and money in it, and everything is brand new. If someone would be interested in buying it. I would finish it the way they wanted it done. I need to get things ready for the new baby that is gonna be here within a month (OH NO PLEASE GOD LET HER HAVE IT A MONTH AFTER HER DUE DATE! HA HA)
But seriously I still need to find some 19inch long travel shocks for the front. It dont matter what kind, except works shocks. But if they need reserviced its all good. I would get them redone and powder coated the springs to match the quad and setup for your riding style and weight. If i dont find noone to buy it right away I will set it up for a 180lb rider. Still need bumpers, nerfs, stabilizer, and a couple other minor things and she will be finally be done. Also I will be having my cousin at www.fouthfloorgraphics.com making a whole graphics kit for it probably with a matching seat cover. I have not taken no short cuts on this work of art. She is gonna scream and will have everyone drooling and wishing they can take it for a spin. I would probably part with it between 6500 to 7000$ after she is done. This isnt being done by no amateur. This is professionally being done and being done with top dollar parts. So let me know what you think of it so far. If anyone is interested. Thanks for looking.

ppeengines
07-07-2009, 11:36 PM
front end, Gibson +3 a arms with all new ball joints and hiems and new razor mx front tires

ppeengines
07-07-2009, 11:37 PM
tag bars, viper steering stem and antivibe clamp

ppeengines
07-07-2009, 11:38 PM
LSR stem mount

ppeengines
07-07-2009, 11:40 PM
pristine motor

ppeengines
07-07-2009, 11:45 PM
billet aluminum 1/2 inch thick bottom motor mounts custom made

ppeengines
07-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Custom magura clutch with one finger to pull this clutch in. NO ARM PUMP!!

ppeengines
07-07-2009, 11:47 PM
ANOTHER CLUTCH PIC

ppeengines
07-07-2009, 11:49 PM
OTHER SIDE OF THE ENGINE PIC

ppeengines
07-07-2009, 11:50 PM
PEP SHOCK NO LINK SWINGER

ppeengines
07-07-2009, 11:51 PM
ANOTHER BACKEND PIC

ppeengines
07-07-2009, 11:54 PM
LAST ONE FOR NOW. LONESTAR AXLE, RAZOR MX TIRES, STEEL BRAIDED BRAKE LINES. This baby is IMMACULATE!!! Hit me up and let me know what you think and if your are interested. Send a pm or a post. Thanks for looking!!:D

hndabestonearth
07-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Looks awesome, and very professional. I'd go with white fenders in the front personally, any other colour would have to be blue or yellow to not look out of place with the rest.

312R1
07-08-2009, 02:35 AM
Looks good...where in central pa are you..i live just right outside state college.

-Steve

ppeengines
07-08-2009, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by 312R1
Looks good...where in central pa are you..i live just right outside state college.

-Steve

By Bradford Pa. I see in your tag you have a "Laeger Pro-Trax CR500 Link 250R". Do you have any pics of it?

312R1
07-08-2009, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by ppeengines
By Bradford Pa. I see in your tag you have a "Laeger Pro-Trax CR500 Link 250R". Do you have any pics of it?

I sure do..;)

http://i40.tinypic.com/s1lpqf.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/oirk1j.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/6zocub.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2jakimr.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/311ouhy.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/122buj8.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/20j4b9f.jpg

ppeengines
07-08-2009, 03:09 AM
WOW:eek2: That is one of thee nicest 250r's I seen in a long time. I didnt know there was one that nice in PA? LOL. Maybe if nobody wants to buy it maybe we can go for a ride? Your place to ride or mine. Where ever we go we will have other riders doing double takes! ha ha

Honda 250r 001
07-08-2009, 11:24 AM
That is a stock style swingarm with no link on it correct? What shock did you have to buy to get that done? Thats pretty neat.

And by the way, bad *** 500r.

ppeengines
07-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Honda 250r 001
That is a stock style swingarm with no link on it correct? What shock did you have to buy to get that done? Thats pretty neat.

And by the way, bad *** 500r.

I bought a new stock swing arm and gusseted it for the extra ponies its gonna be pumping. And I met this guy at the local track that told me how he had this done to his shock on his "R". So he hooked me up with his backup shock he had and I had it serviced, and revalved for MX at a 180lb rider. The shock I am pretty sure the stoke was cut a 1/4inch to work for the no link. The guy swore by it and was cranking the triple jump and landing softly. So I was taking his word by it.

Honda 250r 001
07-08-2009, 05:56 PM
hey can you find out where he got it or if he has another for sale? I would really like to try this.
Thanks

and by the way, this is the best cr 500 motor 250r frame conversion i have EVER SEEN, you got the motor in the right spot, with good solid motor mounts! good job! i see a lot of people who mount the motor too high or too low and the chain rubs the swingarm bad. Ive also seen some ****ty motor mount configurations. You nailed it! Great job!

This is going to be one of those trx 500's thats fun to ride and reliable!

ppeengines
07-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Honda 250r 001
hey can you find out where he got it or if he has another for sale? I would really like to try this.
Thanks

and by the way, this is the best cr 500 motor 250r frame conversion i have EVER SEEN, you got the motor in the right spot, with good solid motor mounts! good job! i see a lot of people who mount the motor too high or too low and the chain rubs the swingarm bad. Ive also seen some ****ty motor mount configurations. You nailed it! Great job!

This is going to be one of those trx 500's thats fun to ride and reliable!

I finally got the guy to call me back. He is gonna fax me the info on the shock what was done to it.
Thanks for the compliment about the mounts. Alot of time went into them and they are actuall the second set I made cuz i didnt like how high it was sitting. Center of gravity plays a very important role. NEED 19 INCH LONG TRAVEL SKOCKS IN THE WORSE WAY!!

LONG-ROD
07-09-2009, 09:15 PM
With the back shock at that angle, how does the shock not pivot at the frame?

croat1
07-09-2009, 11:50 PM
what are you planning to do for the exhaust?

woodsracer144
07-10-2009, 01:49 PM
nice build up.. not to be a jerk but your gonna have to change out the swinger to an aftermarket one sooner orlater... i've cracked 2 with my nolink set up and im barrowing a buddys right now and hope to god i dont crack it! i havnt had the greatest of luck with this set up to be honest... also what is your rear shock set up for? is it a dual rate? single?

ppeengines
07-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
nice build up.. not to be a jerk but your gonna have to change out the swinger to an aftermarket one sooner orlater... i've cracked 2 with my nolink set up and im barrowing a buddys right now and hope to god i dont crack it! i havnt had the greatest of luck with this set up to be honest... also what is your rear shock set up for? is it a dual rate? single?

Single rate it is, setup for mx. Where did yours keep cracking at. I beefed it up with some gussets before i had it powder coated.

And for croat1 question about the exhaust. I have been talking to FTZ about building me a pipe for mid top topend cuz this already has a ton of bottom end so i am looking for him to build the pipe with more mid.

woodsracer144
07-11-2009, 03:19 PM
this is going to sound really stupid but it did where the carrier welds up on the to the rails that run from the chassis to the carrier... about 4 inches up... and by the pivot point... i'll get you some pics of it...

ppeengines
07-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
this is going to sound really stupid but it did where the carrier welds up on the to the rails that run from the chassis to the carrier... about 4 inches up... and by the pivot point... i'll get you some pics of it...

ya post some pics and i will take a look to see and maybe reinforce mine before riding it. I would more like to sell it though. I put alot of time and money in this beauty no matter how bad I want to keep it. The economy SUCKS!!

Xowner
08-03-2009, 11:03 AM
never see a cr500 in a quad? how about one in a trike?;)

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/HondaATC/500R%20Flat%20Tracker/P1010032-1.jpg

my buddy makes the frames so that all you have to do is bolt your engine in a go!!

Motofool250r
08-05-2009, 06:48 AM
flat trackin a trike u got balls my friend

Xowner
08-06-2009, 01:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJiU9ZHrzgg&feature=channel :cool:

its what all the cool kids are riding now adays!!!

born2ride14
08-06-2009, 09:02 PM
As much as like your quad PPEENGINES we need an update

ppeengines
08-07-2009, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by 300maniac
As much as like your quad PPEENGINES we need an update

Sorry gys I been tied up with some family issues that I have not been able to do much.
Someone sent me a pm and asked me for my contact info cuz they were interested. Well I erased it before I could reply back to it by accident. So if you know who you are please resend it again. I will be getting back into it again.
I am gonna have FTZ build a pipe for it.

siderbox
12-07-2009, 08:50 PM
I have a FTZ pipe on mine.

http://i43.tinypic.com/oqa8on.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/dboy21.jpg

revman
12-08-2009, 07:52 AM
ME TOO!!!