PDA

View Full Version : Honda pilots and oddessey's

woodsracer144
07-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Why did honda stop makin them. How much were they new? How fast did they go? I think the 350 looks ok but the pilot looks bad! Any other factoys making worthy items like this? I don't know why but I'm really in the cart buggy off road prerunner thing...

deathman53
07-07-2009, 10:44 PM
honda stopped the pilot is 90 and the Odyssey almost at the same time. They probably stopped with them due to declining sales. The late 80's was bad for atv's, first trikes getting a bad rap and lawsuits happened(most accidents were user error and few were machine fault). Then in 87/88 more lawsuits came in from people getting hurt on quads, sport atv's from all just went way way down hill. Honda stopped the 250r in 89(until 95 there was still leftovers in dealerships across the country), suzuki stopped the lt500 in 90, lt250 in 92. Kawi stopped the tecate in 88. Honda even stopped the 250x for a short time in 87-89. It was really when the 400ex came out in 99 that the atv's got big again.

I don't feel like typing it why the reason why atv's got such a bad name in the 80's still exists now. Watch, with whats going on now, those times are bound to return sooner than most think.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=398360

07-07-2009, 11:29 PM
they still make them. not a fan of mini vans but pilots are nice, thought about picking one up but got a highlander instead lol

woodsracer144
07-08-2009, 10:46 AM
yeah not those... the off road things...

to the second post i see where you thing things are going down the drain again. that robert goldwater i wanna just tell him to **** off...

now days people are sue happy though... im my shop class my teacher showed us this thing where a guy took a Dewalt drill... put a drill bit in it and put it up his nose and hit the trigger... and ripped off half his face and sued Dewalt for not having a worning lable on it... and he got a ton of money just becasue he is just a f uckin idiot and earned the name Dumb A ss

07-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
yeah not those... the off road things...

what you have never seen a mini van or SUV go offroading? lol i know your taking about the go cart things btw.

fastredrider44
07-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Drakart. Get on google and do a search!

KevinAb
07-08-2009, 09:21 PM
I've got a 350 Ody. (ODYSSEY) It's a blast. They quit making them because of price. They were quite expensive back in the day, nearly double the price of a quad, and didn't sell many of them.

If $$$ isn't an object, check out the aforementioned Drakart, or a Redline Revolt. Those things are nasty.

If you're on a budget, try to find a decent Pilot. They can be had for $4k or less. They are watercooled vs. the Ody aircooled which had overheating issues. They also have a much better A-arm suspension vs. the Ody beam setup.

The Ody is a blast though. Mine currently needs a new piston, but when it runs, my buddies on 400ex's can hardly keep up in wide open dirt roads, through twisties, etc. It'll go 50+ and drift around corners like no quad can.

check out http://www.pilotodyssey.com/