PDA

View Full Version : new ds450x....concerned?

Shift_450R
07-07-2009, 08:37 PM
I just picked up an 08 450x leftover and i cant help but be concerned about the low end torque, or lack thereof. Its a great quad handle phenomenally suspension is very very nice but the whole power issue is very concerning. How much of a difference does the pink wire, airbox lid off and baffle out make a difference in the bottom end power. My piped 400EX had more low end grunt then this thing. Could it being brand new with 1 hr on be a factor in this too? thanks

yfzracer14
07-07-2009, 08:41 PM
cut the wire, full exaust, remove airbox lid, you will notice a big diffrence. unfortanitly this bike doesnt make as much power as its competion

fastford
07-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Maybe not quite as much power as I have seen on the dyno but a 08 big bore honda making 4-5 horse more then me on the same dyno is dead even with me. So power to weight they are on par or better. IMO

DVS_Freestyler
07-08-2009, 07:18 PM
cut the wire and get a motoworks pipe. your machine is just as competetive as any other fully built machine. DS450 = rules

florentino
07-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Shift_450R
I just picked up an 08 450x leftover and i cant help but be concerned about the low end torque, or lack thereof. Its a great quad handle phenomenally suspension is very very nice but the whole power issue is very concerning. How much of a difference does the pink wire, airbox lid off and baffle out make a difference in the bottom end power. My piped 400EX had more low end grunt then this thing. Could it being brand new with 1 hr on be a factor in this too? thanks

low end torque its a good thing on turns, it will get faster , all 450s are super slow stock ... its all rider i was geting holeshots on a stock ds vs 55 hp. quads..
the ds is not the same as the others you have lo learn how to ride all over again..

Shift_450R
07-12-2009, 05:32 PM
well pulled the baffle(if you can call it that) the air filter lid and cut the wire and what a difference. night and day with low end torque i can finally get the front end off the ground with just throttle. im ordering and hmf pipe tomorrow (just a slip on) and im hoping that it helps out alot. i see the stock pipe is so choked up its not even funny. How much is a slip on gonna help me out with some low end torque. i see one site and it said the hmf gave 6-8 hp gains.