PDA

View Full Version : 330 jetting questions

rocketshops
07-07-2009, 08:00 PM
I am guessing someone has the setup for me, it would be greatly appreciated. I have a Pro-X 330 cyl on a 88 bottom end, ported by CT, it has a mid/top end port job. Here is the list of what I have done.
- 38mm kehin carb w/dgh needle.
- V-force 2 reeds (new).
- BR8EVX plug
- CT mid pipe and silencer.
- Open UM airbox
- 89 CDI box.
- Lightened flywheel.

I am down to a 158 main jet and am out of jets for the night. It is still running rich on top with the needle in the third clip position.
I tried putting the clip in the 2nd position and the motor got a little sticky after a wide open run.
Where should I be with this thing?

07-07-2009, 09:24 PM
What kind of compression does the engine have? What fuel/oil and what ratio are you running? A 158 main doesn't sound like enough fuel for that engine. Your stock ignition might be weak, causing it to sputter on top as if it was running rich. Just a thought.

Honda 250r 001
07-07-2009, 10:29 PM
i run a bigger main on a 310! you need to run a bigger main than that. Something is wrong, dont keep running it. MAYbe your reeds are broken, that sometimes causes that.

kouki
07-07-2009, 10:54 PM
^^^I totally agree. I think you have some problems if you are running that small of a main on a 330 and still rich? I have a 310 on pump gas, I'm running a 178 main on the same carb you have. Are you sure that its running rich? Are sure you are not mixing the oil too heavy and turning the plug black from that? Put in a new plug and do a 5th gear run and pull it out and take a pic of the porcelan part.

If you were starting from a new plug and ran rich turning it black, and tried changing jets and using the same plug, it's going to take some time for that plug to lighten up, and it may never get all the way there. For proper jetting, on single runs, you really need to use new plugs.

Also, If you are not running it wide open, your rich problem could be in your needle/clip or pilot jet, instead of your main.

Maybe you already know what I said, if so sorry, but just trying to throw some help out there.

rocketshops
07-08-2009, 08:12 AM
You guys answered my question, I had no idea were I should be on the main. Now I will start looking elsewere. Thanks