PDA

View Full Version : UM Racing Radiator Guard

IcutMetl
07-07-2009, 07:09 PM
So I bought a UM Racing radiator guard from Rocky Mountain. Not exactly sure how it goes on; I know how it mounts, but what i mean is what face goes forward and what face is up against the radiator.

I peeled the protective covering off, and if you want the "shiny" surface to point outwards, it gives hardly any clearance against the face of the radiator and looks to cut off a decent amount of airflow, but if you put the shiny side back, you get about 3/8- 1/2" or so of clearance between the radiator fins and the guard.

I'm all about function over form, but is there something I'm missing here?

250Renvy
07-07-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure what you are having trouble with but the fins point out towards the front.

bananas
07-08-2009, 05:21 AM
Had the same problem. It didn't line up. So I took off the nuts on the guard and I used nut and bolt. Looks like they made a bunch backwards.

IcutMetl
07-08-2009, 08:15 AM
This is what I mean- i installed it so that the mounting tabs point inward and there is clearance between the radiator and the guard. It would almost appear that if the intention was to have the shiny polished side pointing forward, that they were bent backwards!