PDA

View Full Version : pro taper contour?

yellowhonda400
07-07-2009, 05:46 PM
I found a pair of pro taper contour "fat" bars for $72.00. Are these pairs any good. They are "hi bend" which i have no clue what that means. i had the pro taper S.E Henry/Reed bars on my 400exbut im looking for "fat" bars. Can anyone help

KingpinsEx
07-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Yes those are very good bars, similar to what alot of pros run on their machines. However there are about 20 or so different bar bends and finding which set is most comfortable for you is hard. Hi- bend means exactly that, there is a steeper bend from the bottom to top of the bars. They are not low and wide like some of the others, probably similar to what bend you find on alot of stock machines, but with ALOT more strength.

Flynbryan19
07-10-2009, 07:30 AM
I run these bars in the Cr-High bend. I am very happy with them. Like them even better than my Flexx bars I had.

Go on pro-taper's website and check out the specs for the bar your looking at. They list all their bar specs. You may find you'd prefer a different bend. I seem to remember the "atv high" bend being VERY tall and having a LOT of sweep back. I personally prefer a pretty straight bar.