PDA

View Full Version : sprockets question

IRISH-RACER-14
07-07-2009, 12:39 PM
what would be the best setup i could get for my 300ex for more speed?the stock on a 300ex is 13/38
i already am running a 14/36

aDviSol2y
07-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Well, you can keep going up on the front and down on the back but your not going to have much low end. Plus if you go to far up on the front you will not be able to run with the case saver on. Why do you need more top end? If you are really that concerned with it, you might think about upgrading your bike. But I understand that this is not always economically possible.

IRISH-RACER-14
07-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y
Well, you can keep going up on the front and down on the back but your not going to have much low end. Plus if you go to far up on the front you will not be able to run with the case saver on. Why do you need more top end? If you are really that concerned with it, you might think about upgrading your bike. But I understand that this is not always economically possible. ive heard of people getting more out of there 300s..

aDviSol2y
07-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Im sure you could hop up the motor. Put a bore kit and a cam in it. Than you would get some more power, and be able to gear it even higher without loss of bottom end.

IRISH-RACER-14
07-07-2009, 04:21 PM
dont wanaa ruin the honda quality engine

kd450r
07-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Dont worry about ruining that engine. BULLETPROOF in all forms that one is. I have a friend that can destroy anything, he ran a 330 kit with a ported head and cam for 6 years in the nevada desert without ever a problem. I mean he RODE that four wheeler too.

IRISH-RACER-14
07-08-2009, 06:42 AM
well a high lift cam is next anyway

JParisi48
07-08-2009, 07:23 PM
put a 34t rear on it, i think 15t is too big, might have to get into grinding, if 14,34 is not enough, then go into your motor, a cam would do you good too.

boyntonracing
07-15-2009, 12:22 AM
If you want more power i wouldn't even touch the sprockets, i would go with an exhaust, the exhaust will wake up your motor, and just a cam and maybe a stock sized high comp piston, that will really awake your motor, it will not wear it down either, the 300ex's and 400ex's and champs.. Those upgraded parts won't hurt the bank and are easy to put in.. I would not even look at boring the bike out, you can get more out of it by droping in a cam lol don't take advice from dudes that don't know **** about motors, good luck man.

aDviSol2y
07-15-2009, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by boyntonracing
If you want more power i wouldn't even touch the sprockets, i would go with an exhaust, the exhaust will wake up your motor, and just a cam and maybe a stock sized high comp piston, that will really awake your motor, it will not wear it down either, the 300ex's and 400ex's and champs.. Those upgraded parts won't hurt the bank and are easy to put in.. I would not even look at boring the bike out, you can get more out of it by droping in a cam lol don't take advice from dudes that don't know **** about motors, good luck man.

Maybe if you would READ! He already has a pipe, header, K&N!

boyntonracing
07-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y
Maybe if you would READ! He already has a pipe, header, K&N!

I am sorry i don't look at everyone's sigs..

I am going to answer the question that he has posted, he should have put that he has a pipe and filter in the topic if he didn't want me talking about it, but now that i know this thanks to a very sarcastic advisol2y, just throw in a cam and high comp piston, it will be your best bet.