PDA

View Full Version : My buddy upset me and I need to vent

BEAVER.989
07-07-2009, 12:23 PM
My best friend and only friend with a quad, talked me into buying my quad this Spring. I really couldn't afford it, but have always missed having one since I sold it a few years ago. He begged me to get another and assured me we'd ride practically every Sunday this Spring and Summer.

I did a little shopping, found my 400EX, was offered a great deal and called my friend. I explained to him that I was really cutting myself short with this purchase, but would gladly do it if I was gonna get my moneys worth. He ensured me again that we'd ride nearly every weekend, so I signed my name and brought it home towards the end of March.

Since that time we've ridden together TWICE. Both times he cut the ride short, complaining he was tired or cold or whatever...

Fast forward to today... He strolls into my place of employment and says to come outside, he has to show me something. I go outside and he's pulling a boat behind his truck. He SOLD HIS QUAD to buy it!

Maybe I'm just being selfish, but I'm pretty upset. I love my quad and love to ride it, but hate going alone. I think it was pretty low of him to talk me into a purchase this large and then just leave me without a riding partner...

fandl450r
07-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Giving into peer pressure is retarded.

Ride to ride, not because your friend wants you to, or promises that he will ride with you.

reptikes
07-07-2009, 12:30 PM
I'd be pissed. I'm in almost the same position. I ride like once every week or two for like 2-4 hours! We were suppose to ride every week twice a week if (i) could. I can and they don't.

fastredrider44
07-07-2009, 12:35 PM
There's gotta be more people around there that ride. Load up and go meet new people.

BEAVER.989
07-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
Giving into peer pressure is retarded.

Ride to ride, not because your friend wants you to, or promises that he will ride with you.

Oh, trust me, I want to ride. I just don't think it's a good idea to ride alone. Crash, breakdown, even get stuck and I'm in trouble. The trails I rdie on don't see a lot of traffic most of the time and if I find myself in trouble I could be there awhile.

This isn't my first quad that I bought just because my buddy wanted me to. I've been riding off and on for 20 years. I've just always sold my quads when I had nobody to ride with. That's not an option with this one since I just bought it new and would lose my ***** on it.

I guess I can basically store it, riding once in a blue moon until my son is old enough to go with me. Too bad he's only 5. I'll be waiting awhile, lol.

BEAVER.989
07-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
There's gotta be more people around there that ride. Load up and go meet new people.

I'm gonna have to try. I'll just feel a little silly sitting at the trailhead waiting for someone to show up so I can tag along, lol.

I'd like to get some members here together for a ride since there are a lot of us from Michigan, but since we're from all over it's hard to agree on a time and place.

I know one thing, when he asks me to go fishing I'll be too busy and he can go alone... at least until my anger fades. I feel like a prick, but can't help being upset.

rooster300ex
07-07-2009, 12:47 PM
I know what ya mean man. My buddy and my sisters b/f was tellin me a couple weeks ago that he wanted to go riding some weekend. So the time came and i'm all ready to go and he pulls up at my mom and dads with his boat and all the stuff to go on the lake. I'm like what the hell man.

dirtrider77
07-07-2009, 02:40 PM
time to make new friends!

KevinAb
07-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Get your boy on a quad now. My kids are 4 and 6, I just got them their 1st, a little 50cc.

07-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by dirtrider77
time to make new friends!

x2 you 2 couldnt have been the only offroaders in the area. If you like riding your quad dont stop something you like for someone else.

boyntonracing
07-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Okay i totally fell the same way, here is my story..

I have been riding since i was 7 and two years ago i started racing, since then i got noticed by many pro's and had offers of sponsorships, left and right.

This year before race season i was offered to join a team called team thin line. Two guys started it, they are both pro riders and race pikes peak hill climb, they have beat the records, they are good. Seeing this as a good oportunity to further my racing career and pick up a ton of sponsors :D i joined. It was good, we stripped down my new race quad and got it all ready they were a huge help. We went to two local races, until the dudes that started the team basically one sold his 30,000 dollar race quad and the other wanted to save money for pikes peak instead of racin locally....

So since then i dropped them which lead me to better offers and better sponsors and better people that know more about the quad and help out a lot more, so my thing is, was this a good thing to go through or a bad, i am thinking good because of the turnout but idk