PDA

View Full Version : who makes a aftermarket decompression plug???

dehner47
07-07-2009, 11:05 AM
over the weekend i lost my decompression plug for my 426. lucky thing lonnie77 was there with his eagle eyes on and saw my bike spitting out oil and blowing white smoke outta the hole. thanks lonnie. if i would of smoked this motor, my girl would of smoked me. she got tired of hearing me say i wanna ride with everyone. and since i got it back, she told me she doesnt want to hear a word about a blow up motor :devil:

anyway, where or who makes a trick aftermarket decomp plug? if anyone does make them. or do i have to go to my local dealer and just pick up a stocker? any input would be much appreciated..

extremeblastr
07-07-2009, 11:25 AM
i'll check and see if i have any up to date dealer catalogs hangin around and see what i can find for ya

extremeblastr
07-07-2009, 11:39 AM
i got nothinnnn, i know my uncle has all the new catalogs for this year and i'm headed there later so i'll check then but i have a feeling you'll be going with a stock one due to lack of choices.

dehner47
07-07-2009, 01:05 PM
word. thanks for looking anyway bro. ya, if i can get a aftermarket one, i guess i'm stuck with a stocker. just hope this one dont get blown outta the head like the other one. almost smoked my motor over this measly $20 part. just let me know what your uncles book say. thanks again dude..

lonnie1977
07-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Does the one from the 450 fit?

dehner47
07-07-2009, 01:30 PM
it does. i went on ebay to see if i can find one on there, and it said it fits yfz450,yzf450 and yz426. so i take it yamaha just used the same style for all bikes instead of making 3 seperate kinds. the only thing yamaha has done right so far:devil:

dehner47
07-07-2009, 03:08 PM
call of the dogs everyone. i found one. K and K makes some and just ordered one for $8 with $7 shipping. cant beat it. appreciate the help extremeblastr. mucho thanks.

extremeblastr
07-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
call of the dogs everyone. i found one. K and K makes some and just ordered one for $8 with $7 shipping. cant beat it. appreciate the help extremeblastr. mucho thanks.

no problem man, good thing i checked the forum one last time before i left lol it would've taken me a while to go through all those catalogs

JR3
07-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
over the weekend i lost my decompression plug for my 426. lucky thing lonnie77 was there with his eagle eyes on and saw my bike spitting out oil and blowing white smoke outta the hole. thanks lonnie. if i would of smoked this motor, my girl would of smoked me. she got tired of hearing me say i wanna ride with everyone. and since i got it back, she told me she doesnt want to hear a word about a blow up motor :devil:

anyway, where or who makes a trick aftermarket decomp plug? if anyone does make them. or do i have to go to my local dealer and just pick up a stocker? any input would be much appreciated..

lonnie was trying to sabotage you i saw him pop it out .:eek2: i looked in the shed i thought i had a extra one lying around but i guess not. or its just lost in the stock of yfz parts haha