PDA

View Full Version : PCS pipe

dazed&confused
07-07-2009, 09:38 AM
has anybody used this pipe on a 70 ?
how well has it worked? thinking about getting one would like some info.

07-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Buy a Snyder pipe for awsome performance. On our bike it works perfect I mean perfect. I know theres people selling their trackside pipe because their pipe works better. But 1 pipe may work different on others machines so PLEASE pick wisely as if you dont your money is wasted and then u sale it and then actually how much do you loose?? Your time and at least 100.00 dollars. This is just my opinion. Good Luck with what ever pipe you buy.

dazed&confused
07-07-2009, 12:33 PM
DOOLEY NOTED....

07-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Just trying to help you save money.There are so many pipes that are listed a new guy wouldn't know which way to go. I have tried Trinity,Koso,Lakes Motorsports,Hetrick,RC motorsports,DRR Works pipe, ect. The best pipe we have ever put on was a SMS pipe and we are more than Happy with it.It brings the power on from bottom to top and then some. But again IMO. Just have fun no matter what you get.That's the point right?

qcitytile
07-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Give WRH a call. Billy will treat you right. Or Gary at G-Force he's tested most pipes on the market and a honest person.

dblacks
07-07-2009, 08:16 PM
PCS works, I have not used a snyder or trackside but have used many others but from personal experience the PCS works.

Like Mentioned call Gary, talk to him about what you have for a motor and he will point you in the right direction as he sells them all. Not all pipes are designed for the same power band.

Cheesman said it correctly 1 pipe may work different on different machines.

bulldogfallon
07-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Without knowing more about your application and needs it is not possible to make real recomendation.

We have sold many Snyder pipes, but it seems that it has lost some of it's steam, which could be due to new pipes popping up.

The PCS pipe (in our experience) makes good usable MX power and is CVT friendly due to its torque characteristics.

It is not a 13,000 rpm pipe so not the best for TT...the Snyder pipe would be best for that application.

Really need more info from you to make an educated recomendation.

dazed&confused
07-08-2009, 06:09 AM
we are running a polinie [sp] evo 2 with 39 crank ,with a trackside pipe now .

for clutchs we are running the new malossi over range,with the red 2000 spring,and 6-6.5 rollers,20 -32 gear.

not worried about the money ,just want to see what people think about the pipe before i decide if i want to buy it.

thanks

07-08-2009, 06:14 AM
Just wondering why such big rollers? They are super heavy I believe but again IMO. How are you running them with all of your mods?

dazed&confused
07-08-2009, 07:59 AM
it just seem to be the best set up ,we had lots of problems blowing belts and with this set up ,we could keep the heat way down.

we are still expierimenting with this clutch system ,i just ordered more rollers ,just waiting for them to get here.

07-08-2009, 08:10 AM
I would think you would be running 3.5 to 4.0 rollers if its the heat it could be your torsion spring is to big. What size belt you running? The 787 16 30 belt is a good one and will let you rise to the top of the variator while diving deep in the rear clutch. Ill help you if you want me to. Are you riding mx or ? The reason I'm asking is if you are running a light clutch and are on and off the throttle you will wear your rear torsion spring out and it will slip badly and cause heat. Big rollers mean less rpms.

bulldogfallon
07-08-2009, 08:19 AM
He has the overange pulley system so the Malossi 6111108 or 618779 is the ideal belt.

Heat can be cause by many things....clutch or belt slipping

The rollers set your shift rpm so you need to tune these to where the engine wants to run at peak power.

If your clutch engagement is too high you will bounce off the engagement rpm and create heat....if your belt dives into the rear pulley before the clutch engages you are starting in 2nd gear...final drive ratio issues, tired torque spring etc

Have you put a 90cc side cover on it to allow for ventilation.

07-08-2009, 08:37 AM
I do know with the over range the Malossi 617216 belt and a little mod to the variator is a perfect match. I know all about the heat and what causes it I've been down that road in my do know nothing days but when you work on these for 4 years and try every set up you kinda figure out why and how's. I can set up a clutch that works perfect with no heat and wipes every mark off the variator. This is on any bike and don't matter if stock or modded as I mod my variators and I can run any belt desired. Not to mention the rear clutch is also modded so the skinnier the belt the more it dives in the rear clutch the wider the less. Its all about time if you can wrench sooner or later you will start to figure it out. If you understand how the clucth works you will master it. I'm not saying I'm a master but I definately can set one up. Good luck on getting it set up you may also try to shim the front variator when you get it set if your not all the way down shim it out Good luck.

racerdad199
07-08-2009, 08:54 AM
What the belt listed 787 16 30 is it the same as either of the other two listed? Malossi 6111108 or 618779

hotquads1
07-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by racerdad199
What the belt listed 787 16 30 is it the same as either of the other two listed? Malossi 6111108 or 618779
no those 2 Malossi belts are much different and only to be used in conjuction with Malossi pulley.
marc

dazed&confused
07-08-2009, 09:55 AM
yes, i have a 90 side cover,with extra holes drilled in it..

we really like the overdrive system ,i am contiplating on going to a
ztr 1500 spring ,still not sold on the malossi 2000 spring .

we will be doing tests all week on this set up and i have verious clutchs and springs,rollers that i want to try ,then i will mess with sprockets.

has anybody run the hit clutch on the over range yet?

marsrace2
07-08-2009, 10:11 AM
you already have a great pipe with the trackside pipe. I think you probably just need to work on clutching.

dazed&confused
07-08-2009, 10:35 AM
i don't mean to sound negative ,and thanks for all the advice,
but my question was has anybody use the pcs pipe ?

i know what to do with my clutchs ,i just got the kit and i am trying diffrent things with it .

what i just wanted was some feed back on the pipe .
i am building a nother quad as apractice bike and test bike and want to try other products to see what is out there.

sorry if i gave the wrong impression.

marsrace2
07-08-2009, 10:40 AM
thats cool, I am also trying to get some input on the PCS, we have the trackside pipe and am very happy with it bit we are always investigating what else is out there.

07-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Well I guess I started it because you say you have the right combination with 6.5 rollers????? On a 70 all I'm saying is good luck if your running the 6.5 rollers.

dazed&confused
07-08-2009, 10:53 AM
no problem Toby, i appriciate the info .

i may take you up on the offer of help in the near future if you don't mind ,i will know more monday when we are done testing this week and through the weekend.

07-08-2009, 11:02 AM
No problem just pm me anytime I have a blackberry so I will respond immediately any problems or concerns. Have a great day.

neveready
07-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by tgcheeseman
Well I guess I started it because you say you have the right combination with 6.5 rollers????? On a 70 all I'm saying is good luck if your running the 6.5 rollers.

You have to remember he has the new overrange malossi variator with the 19x15.5 rollers. the ramp angles are so different that the normal weight numbers just won't work, that roller weight is about average with that set-up.

And YES the PCS Pipe does work VERY well!!! Just make an educated decision to make sure you get the best pipe for YOUR setup and for YOUR rider.

JAG Motosports
07-08-2009, 02:35 PM
I gotta know:devil:

dblacks
07-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by dazed&confused
i don't mean to sound negative ,and thanks for all the advice,
but my question was has anybody use the pcs pipe ?

what i just wanted was some feed back on the pipe .

PCS is the Best Pipe I have ever used on my son's quads

riding4fun
07-09-2009, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by dblacks
Best Pipe I have ever used on my son's quads

PCS or Trackside?

bulldogfallon
07-09-2009, 05:40 AM
PCS

dblacks
07-09-2009, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by riding4fun
PCS or Trackside?

sorry, when I hit the quaote button I quoted the post above the one I wanted to post.

PCS

dericsdad
07-09-2009, 05:43 PM
PCS for a 70 or 90?

What RPM range is it tuned for?

What about a bigger outlaw cvt motor??? 105, 108, 110 or bigger cc?

bulldogfallon
07-09-2009, 05:47 PM
There will be a pipe for the big bore set ups real soon.

MACH1 brand.

dblacks
07-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Oroginally designed for a 90

Will work on a 70 no problem depending on the motor setup and the rpm's your looking to get out of it.

It is designed for Arm pulling torque

Will work awesome on any motor built out off from 90 cases/ not so sure about the big bores out of 50 cases

Originally posted by dericsdad
PCS for a 70 or 90?

What RPM range is it tuned for?

What about a bigger outlaw cvt motor??? 105, 108, 110 or bigger cc?