PDA

View Full Version : anybody go to UTI?

buck440
07-07-2009, 08:15 AM
i was wondering what the whole experience was like such as what you did, where you went, was it worth it, what kind of a job you got now ect... i was thinking of going to learn about motorcycles.

hondariderdylan
07-07-2009, 09:19 AM
x2

i want to go
any idea on prices?
i want to get my automotive degree and my ford factory certification and my motorcycle degree and my honda certification

flyin#5
07-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Well for motorcycles you would be going to MMI which is a branch of UTI.

Went there and graduated about a year ago. I had a great experience and even though i was one of the more advanced people going into the school i still learned a lot. Its all about what you want to make out of it, if you go there asking questions and pushing you'll learn a ton of good information, if you go there doing the bare minimum your not going to get as much out of it.

07-07-2009, 01:23 PM
I know a few people that go to UTI and hate it. However 3 of my friends are starting in the fall there.

hypersnyper6947
07-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Its 29.5k for the basic program and another 6.5k for the ford factory cert.

Its a good school to get basic knowledge, but if you if want anything real specific you wont get it.

Other than that the teachers are good and very knowledgeable.

thats all directly from my friend who just graduated

timmy400exfast
07-07-2009, 01:51 PM
where is mmi located i think its in florida somewhere but im not 100% sure and does anyone know if wyotech has a mortorcycle branch

greazee_G
07-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
Well for motorcycles you would be going to MMI which is a branch of UTI.

Went there and graduated about a year ago. I had a great experience and even though i was one of the more advanced people going into the school i still learned a lot. Its all about what you want to make out of it, if you go there asking questions and pushing you'll learn a ton of good information, if you go there doing the bare minimum your not going to get as much out of it.

I could not have said it better myself. The only thing I will add is that if you show up on time everyday you get the same piece of paper as everybody else. This is why the school gets such a bad rap. I graduated from MMI in Phoenix 8 years ago and have owned my own Motorcycle/ATV shop for the last 2 years. I would not hesitate to do it all over again

hondariderdylan
07-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by hypersnyper6947
Its 29.5k for the basic program and another 6.5k for the ford factory cert.

:huh
time to find another school

flammable
07-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Urinary Tract Infection?:ermm:

hondariderdylan
07-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by flammable
Urinary Tract Infection?:ermm: :p

hypersnyper6947
07-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan
:huh
time to find another school

Not me my friend, he regrets going there now he is in a lot of debt just to learn everything he pretty much already new, of coarse he did learn some stuff but most of it he already new just from being a gear head his whole life.