PDA

View Full Version : Any MX area's near Philly?

rappin_ernie
07-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Hi Everyone!

I've always had trouble finding places to ride. I usually just ride trails, but I went to Breezewood Proving Grounds on July 2nd and 3rd, and now I'm absolutely addicted to the MX track and jumps.
I live in Bucks County PA, near Philadelphia. It takes me over 3 hours to get to Breezewood with a trailer. Does anyone know a place with good jumps or a track that is closer? Thanks a lot!

Mike

TRXNICK
07-07-2009, 01:01 AM
I don't know if it would be closer for you, but there is MX573 in Montrose, Pa. It is about 30 min outside of Clarks Summit. Thats is at the end of the North East extension. I go there quite alot and it is a nice place to ride. The only other place that might be closer is Irish Valley MX park. That is in Paxinos, Pa. But I prefer MX573, track is more suited for quads in my opinion. Plus it doesn't get as crowded. I might be going up there this weekend. So if you decide to go hit me up.

rappin_ernie
07-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Thanks man, I will definitely look into those places. I don't know about this weekend, but if I do decide to go I'll let you know! Thanks again!

venom450r
07-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Atco Raceway

sunco
08-06-2009, 07:33 PM
BPG & 573 is where we hang. Flyboy & Sunco

sunco
08-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Hammer time

sunco
08-06-2009, 07:35 PM
BPG

ALXKFX450R
08-06-2009, 08:49 PM
thats BPG right? Hows MX573? Thinking of going up on the 22nd

sunco
08-07-2009, 05:26 AM
1st two pic is 573 & last is BPG. its all good just bring food gas & money;)

TRXNICK
08-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Was at MX573 on saturday. It was great as usual. A little dusty, but had a good time. Took my goddaughter with me and cut her loose on the pee-wee track with her quad I bought for her birthday. She had a great time- she slept all the way home. HAHA. If any of you guys are going up in a couple weeks give me a shout. I would love to have someone else to ride with.

Crazy lil punk
08-26-2009, 08:45 AM
dont forget about blue diamond, in DE. its about an hour ride from philly. I am going down there tomorrow, i will let you know how it is.

rappin_ernie
08-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Yea, can you let me know how it is? I heard about it from someone else, and they said it varies depending if the track was groomed or not, and they are always switching up the track. Hope it's nice!

paulie400ex
08-27-2009, 03:45 PM
where ?

sunco
08-27-2009, 03:47 PM
He's talkin about Blue Diamond

Crazy lil punk
08-27-2009, 09:49 PM
went to blue diamond today. its SUPER hard packed, no pro track, no BPG, but its a nice little practice track. 2 monster jumps that took me like all day to nail. a couple small fun jumps, some off camber turns. Little step up/over. Decent little practice track, i will be back forsure! They also have plans to build a better quad track. Its about an hour from philly, almost an hour exactly.

YELLOW RR
09-15-2009, 01:26 PM
What ever u do, dont drive your car around quad riders in east kensington......ha ha If that aint brotherly love i dont know what is....

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/59325102.html

RoadRage77
09-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Bro, there is nothing nice about kensington at all. Its all crack heads, whores, and dealers. If you wanna experience the ghetto go on down around 11pm and on.. BTW. Huevos7 did some shooting down in that area too !. (film shooting).

YELLOW RR
09-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by RoadRage77
Bro, there is nothing nice about kensington at all. Its all crack heads, whores, and dealers. If you wanna experience the ghetto go on down around 11pm and on.. BTW. Huevos7 did some shooting down in that area too !. (film shooting).

I grew up in Olney (2nd & Champlost), i know what kenso is about. Im sure there are good hard working families still living there. Neighborhoods go down when all the money moves to the burbs!
Here is the follow up story....
http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20090916_No_boundaries_on_ATVs__turf_in_Kensington .html?posted=y&viewAll=y#comments
How we do in south florida....my buddy on i-95 me recording
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiyntlr2yo8

by the way huevos7 was filmed at beach street and cumberland, I would call that port richmond/Fishtown not kensington?

WISH1965
11-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Yeah BD MX keeps talking about a good quad track. They said they were going to move it to where the bikes ride or close to it. It would be great if they did it. Many guys in the Philadelphia suburbs would show up as well as Delaware riders. I've spoken to these guys, but everyone has gotten discouraged. It's close, easy to get to, price is fair. I only went (2x) in 2009, but if they make a good quad track this winter my son & I will be there at least (10X) in 2010. Call them and urge them to build it.

WW

Les Davis
12-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by WISH1965
Yeah BD MX keeps talking about a good quad track. They said they were going to move it to where the bikes ride or close to it. It would be great if they did it. Many guys in the Philadelphia suburbs would show up as well as Delaware riders. I've spoken to these guys, but everyone has gotten discouraged. It's close, easy to get to, price is fair. I only went (2x) in 2009, but if they make a good quad track this winter my son & I will be there at least (10X) in 2010. Call them and urge them to build it.

WW

Has anyone been to Blue Diamond lately? I usually ride Breezewood but there closed for the season and wanted to try out BD this weekend possibly. Want to make sure its worth the drive. Price seems reasonable. Any feedback would be appreciated

WISH1965
12-02-2009, 08:12 PM
not worth the effort. especially if you're more than an hour away. they keeping talking about making a quad track that is worthy of calling it a quad track. 5 years ago they had a nice one. currently, wouldn't bother until next Spring only if they made a new track. JMO.

ALXKFX450R
12-03-2009, 05:12 AM
agreed, it is not a good track. Very hardpacked, not well groomed.....but lets not give up hope that they could build something nice. I think they could get a lot of business. There was talk about them building another quad track but now it's a supercross track.
Try NEMX indoor track, Saturday quads only.
I try to get to Breezewood just about every week, but they just closed for the winter.
Englishtown, NJ is open for quads on Fridays. I'm not sure if they're open in the winter

WISH1965
12-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Yeah I'm really hoping BD MX does what they say this Winter & builds a decent track. I agree, they could get a great amount of quad business just based on their location (which is great), and Rausch Creek closing. I sure hope BD MX is reading this!!! I wish Etown would have a quad only track that practiced on weekends. Quad practice spots are very limited throughout the year. Etown MX, hope your reading this...hint.

Becomes frustrating??

Les Davis
12-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys! Looks like I'll pass on BD this weekend and look for something else.

ron4938
12-07-2009, 03:55 PM
any of you guys ever ride up at irish vally ?.

http://www.irishvalleymx.com/

WISH1965
12-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Yes, it's okay. However.....However, look at their website, most times it is not quads allowed, only on occassion. In fact I sent them an email today seeing if in the future they will designate a track for "quad only".

ron4938
12-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by WISH1965
Yes, it's okay. However.....However, look at their website, most times it is not quads allowed, only on occassion. In fact I sent them an email today seeing if in the future they will designate a track for "quad only".

yea i seen that its pretty beat that they only allow quads on it occasionally. i emailed them a wile back they just said some thing like keep checking back the site for updates.