PDA

View Full Version : need a little computer help here

tri5ron
07-06-2009, 08:12 PM
occaisionally I see where somebody has asked multiple questions, and when someone else replies to there questions, they split up the quote, and answer the questions individually, within the quote.

How do you do that ?
How do you divide up a quote, to reply to it in sections?
(I hope my question is making sense).

BERT306
07-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
occaisionally I see where somebody has asked multiple questions, and when someone else replies to there questions, they split up the quote, and answer the questions individually, within the quote.

How do you do that ?

when you hit the "quote" box down below(instead of reply), you'll see the words the previous person posted in your new box. then just type where u wanna type and delete whatever you want. Just make sure to leave the QUOTE tags and what not alone at the beginning and end. Hope that made sense?

tri5ron
07-06-2009, 08:32 PM
ok thanks, I didnt think it was that easy.
I'll try it on another thread where a member asked me a bunch of questions.
I'll let you know if it works how I was hoping.

extremeblastr
07-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by BERT306
when you hit the "quote" box down below(instead of reply), you'll see the words the previous person posted in your new box. then just type where u wanna type and delete whatever you want. Just make sure to leave the QUOTE tags and what not alone at the beginning and end. Hope that made sense?

thats not quite what he was asking..he wants to know how to put multiple quotes in one response, as do i lol

cdrookie
07-07-2009, 03:36 AM

How do you do that ?

just ask your wife. if she doesn't know i'm sure she can ask some top secret military dude, or alien, or somebody...

Robin Hood
07-07-2009, 06:09 AM

How do you do that ?

When you want to quote 1 person you just hit the "quote" box below their post.

ok thanks, I didnt think it was that easy. I'll try it on another thread where a member asked me a bunch of questions. I'll let you know if it works how I was hoping.

When you want to quote ANOTHER post as well - scroll down when you're typing your reply. There are other posts underneath your text box. Copy the post that you want quoted and hit the "Quote" button at the top of your text box. Paste the text that you just copied into that box and wa-lah.

flammable
07-07-2009, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by cdrookie
just ask your wife. if she doesn't know i'm sure she can ask some top secret military dude, or alien, or somebody...

take it easy on the guy, he doesnt know better....he doesnt wear the pants