PDA

View Full Version : cylinder works 480cc kit?

Tims660rap
07-06-2009, 06:43 PM
any good? or just rebuild with race piston again? any help is appreciated thansk

Colby@C&DRacing
07-07-2009, 08:47 AM
We have used the cylinders with no problems but we use a high compression piston with them instead of the std compression piston they sell

Ruf Racing
07-07-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm running one of this kits, with a balanced Hot Rod +3mm crank.
Absolutely love it, no issues. :D

chad502ex
07-08-2009, 09:14 AM
I agree with Colby with using a better piston than offered in the CW kit.... I prefer to just purchase the CW cylinder only and use a lighter better performing piston, instead of the heavier piston offered in the CW Cylinder kit...

as for the CW crank, many of my builds utilizing the CW crankshaft have had to have additional metal welded to the crankshaft to get it to balance... I've seen in some cases up to 80 grams of metal that had to be welded to the journels to get it properly balanced- thats a lot!

I've found that the combination of the CW stroker crank blueprinted to a superior piston ;) using the CW cylinder is a very stout reliable setup, and with a ported head, pipe, and cam can get into 60's very easily....

yes, the rumors are accurate--- CW have stopped production on the +3mm crankshafts and bearing kits until some 'issues' are resolved...

BadinBlack
07-08-2009, 09:36 AM
I'm glad they stopped production on the +3 cranks, this pos cracked my left case and cost me over $700 to get everything fixed... here is a pic of where all the oil came out of...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/elduner/IMG00023-20090426-1257.jpg

S.A.J
07-11-2009, 11:19 AM
I had theyre kit and the piston that comes with it on my 2004 450r,ran good,the guy that helped me put it together i think forgot to tighten the head bolts so it was runing about 35psi and the guy i traded with for the dirtbike i got now found out about it cause he had to replace the roller rocker.He tightened it and not i think he said it runs around 138psi or close to that,lol,and i was disapionted in the power i got from it wen i had it,i poped a 4th gear wheelie if i was lucky,now the guy says you dnt even have to pop the clutch to do a wheelie in 4th,all you gota do is put the throttle in halfways:grr: and i missed out on all of that when i had it :(