PDA

View Full Version : oil in airbox

matts02400ex
07-06-2009, 02:43 PM
traded a boy for a 02 440 ex couldnt keep head gaskets in it took it to the shop found the cyylinder was cracked he said it ruined the sleeve and piston. so i got a 416 kit for it got it back and it would smoke horribly and oil was everywhere in my airbox and that little white thing that mounts on the side of the intake tube would be full of oil by the way where is the tube that comes out supposed to go to on that? i was wandering if it is in the right spot it goes down into the block behind the head any suggestions it seems to run ok but i took it back and the mechanic said the rings were bad still cant figure that out so he warrantied his work replaced the rings and guess what? same problem so i called him back and we had at it for awhile so now he wont fix it. any suggestions??

kd450r
07-07-2009, 07:42 PM
you've got very large problems my friend. If your not familiar with what your looking at in an engine I wouldn't use that one as your first project.

GPracer2500
07-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Sounds like your issues could be resolved with a cylinder, piston, and rings that are within specifications and installed correctly. Unless it's as simple as being overfilled with oil (which can happen if you don't follow the oil level check procedure correctly).