PDA

View Full Version : yet another brake question

gt400ex
07-06-2009, 01:43 PM
My rear brake dosent seem to have lasted very long. I used EBC pads but they have only lasted about 3 months, I ride mostly at the dunes and do use more rear brake when coming down a hill. So wondering is there a way to make the brakes hold up longer?

BEAVER.989
07-06-2009, 01:53 PM
If you still have your parking brake, get rid of it. They can create drag and wear pads faster.

aDviSol2y
07-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by gt400ex
My rear brake dosent seem to have lasted very long. I used EBC pads but they have only lasted about 3 months, I ride mostly at the dunes and do use more rear brake when coming down a hill. So wondering is there a way to make the brakes hold up longer?

Try using your front brakes more. A quad is kinda like a car, when braking, the front brakes should do 70% to 80% of the work.

katch26
07-06-2009, 03:12 PM
which ebc pads? they have different lines and the cheapler ones dont really last all that long honestly, if you get any fluid on the economy pads to they tend to fall apart. at least mine did

gt400ex
07-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Not sure what grade of pads I had but they were about 30 dollars if I remember right. And yea I still have the parking brake so ill get that removed. That's one thing I've been meaning to do anyway. Are the tusk pads any good or should I try the ebc again?