PDA

View Full Version : What is the best CDI to use??

mcb92
07-06-2009, 12:07 PM
I am looking at CDI boxes for an 05 450R - currently all stock besides slip on exhaust and pro-flow intake. I have seen the

Procom CDI

Dynatek CDI

Which of these (or another?) is best for the money? Have any of you experienced any problems with them??

Thanks for your help!!

Ruf Racing
07-06-2009, 12:54 PM
I have a Dynatek non-programable. It works great. Vortex are
also good. All the rest are worthless.

Scro
07-06-2009, 01:00 PM
You are wasting your money buying an aftermarket CDI for a stock motor, in my opinion. The power curve is already starting to drop off way before the rev limit anyway, as it is without the CDI. Why would you want to raise the limit, causing more stress on the valvetrain, and not gain anything? It will be beneficial, however, if you were to upgrade to a bigger cam with more over-rev.

d3ktrix
07-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Scro
You are wasting your money buying an aftermarket CDI for a stock motor, in my opinion. The power curve is already starting to drop off way before the rev limit anyway, as it is without the CDI. Why would you want to raise the limit, causing more stress on the valvetrain, and not gain anything? It will be beneficial, however, if you were to upgrade to a bigger cam with more over-rev.

Agreed 100%

mcb92
07-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Well, then what stage cam would you suggest for XC racing?

Scro
07-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I ran Hotcams Stage2 for a long time and loved it. But the HRC would be a nice choice for a stock motor.