PDA

View Full Version : Picked up another LT80, some questions

kkesler
07-06-2009, 07:52 AM
89 model.

This one uses premix. Previous owner bought it that way, and doesn't know the history. How do I test the oil injection, as I would rather not confuse the kids/wife with 1 LT running premix, 1 LT running straight gas and oil in the tank.

Rough sounding/feeling. Sounds like the crankcase is full of marbles or gravel compared to the other LT. Runs ok, but not as strong as the other.

Wiring. Has a pull starter and no battery. Is there a wiring diagram available somewhere? Don't see a reset button underneath the fender, but everything else appears to be there.

LT80
07-07-2009, 07:05 AM
To test the injector pump, you could ug up a drill to run it.
Altho, I'd remove the injector drive on the one you had and run premix in them both.
The marbles are usually the main bearings.

kkesler
07-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Ok, think I have found the racket. The rubber bumpers on the front mounts are worn, and the engine is bouncing off the frame. If I hold the engine off the frame it sounds remarkably better (imagine that).

I pulled the hose from the carb for the injection, put a little oil in the tank and then let it idle on the premix. Nothing came out.

Really prefer to run the injection system, all the other two strokes at the house are set up like that and having one different is a recipe for disaster with my crew.

kkesler
07-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Also, dropped a battery in it. Found a relay box that is busted, it has a coil of wire in it. 4 wires go to it, 2 big red ones, a white/black and IIRC an orange one. Jumping the 2 red ones makes the starter turn over. Best bet to replace that switch/relay? Anyone know the amperage? If a 30 amp relay is enough I'll just wire a bosch in place.