PDA

View Full Version : clutch is shot!

bbender85
07-05-2009, 09:50 PM
ran fine on the dunes for 2 1/2 days with the knobbies, then i threw the paddles on and noticed a lack of power coming out of a corner i'd done 50 times before thru the weekend... it became hard to downshift... stopped for a minute and smelled a different kind of smell... then went to take off a while later and the thing would barely move.

so what all do i need for parts? any special tools? any other tips while i'm in there?

xcracer416
07-06-2009, 12:27 AM
complete kit w/ hd springs. id put a new cable, and a new gasket.

pretty simple to fix. if you want a sure enough good clutch i would go with hinson products. If you just want to get it going put a barnett kit in it and ride. MAKE SURE YOU GET A GASKET WITH IT

NacsMXer
07-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Time to upgrade! :D

Get an 8 plate kit or go home :p . Get the Sparks or GT Thunder 8 plate clutch kit, comes with everything you need...can't go wrong.

brian76708
07-06-2009, 03:39 PM
i used the ebc kit with hd springs since my rebuild and it has been working out great so far.

nakomis0
07-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Just get OEM plates & fibers, with HD springs and ride it for another 8 yrs. .. I have tried some aftermarket clutches and have not been impressed.

Now aftermarket clutch baskets, thats a different story. The stock basket grooves pretty easy.