PDA

View Full Version : Bummed

Pappy
07-05-2009, 06:34 PM
My Nana passed away, she was 100 years old. Only member of my family outside of my brothers that I would care to be with, truly a remarkable women.

I wasnt told she was in the hospital or in a coma for the past week, just got a call saying she passed. Real nice. Gotta love crappy family sometimes

Robin Hood
07-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Sorry for your loss Pappy. Mine passed away a few weeks ago so I know how you feel. Hope all is well.

tyman2395
07-05-2009, 07:03 PM
sorry for your loss pappy, Atleast she lived a long life, I will be happy if i reach 60 lol

Pappy
07-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Yeah , I mean im sad and all but she had a pretty decent life and was fairly healthy till the end. At 100, she could do everything herself, cooking, cleaning etc but she gave up driving along time ago (told you she was smart!!)

I will miss her, and I pray for her.

Just a little tiffed that petty family issues kept many of us knowing what was going on. I havent talked to 99% of my family in over 20 years, but they could have called my mother who is in contact with them and lives 20 minutes from them. They told her she was doing ok, just in for observation. I hate liars.

wvspeedfreak
07-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Real sorry to hear that Kenny.Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

TWISTED
07-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Thinking of you guys....

madskrillz2
07-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I wasnt told she was in the hospital or in a coma for the past week, just got a call saying she passed. Real nice. Gotta love crappy family sometimes

Know exactly how that one goes.
:mad:

Pappy
07-05-2009, 07:48 PM
There was 7 generations of us alive (I think thats what my mom said) now there is 6. I never got to meet her husband, he passed before I was born but Ive never heard anyone say a bad word against him.

They hide alot of stuff from me, like the fact I had a gay uncle. They waited until I met him a few years back at a family function and put him through a wall. They didnt wait to tell me my aunt ran off with her 17 year old lover....she had 5 kids and was twice his age. My other uncle is a now retired detective from the PD. Cool dude, he avoids them like I do...well did, cancer ate him to the bone.

I geuss when you avoid your son/grandson/nephew for almost 20 years you dont want him catching up to fast:p I had a crappy childhood, and hated my dad in many ways for along time because he was very strict on them visiting me when I was a kid.I realize now why and he isnt even around to thank:p The only person he would let write me or call me was Nana...she was the only sane one on that side of the family tree!

Sorry for the rambling....just kind of pissed off. I know I couldnt have done anything, and I couldnt have afforded to go down to see her, but atleast knowing she was in trouble would have allowed me to express my feelings through some prayer and what not. I would feel different if I didnt know they kept the info from me and my mom out of spite and I just need to vent some:p

Guy400
07-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Scro
07-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Sorry for your loss.

X2

That sucks to hear, Ken.

Pappy
07-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Dont be sorry!!! She lived for 100 years, 8 months and I dont know the days! She lead a full life and it was her time! I can only pray for a healthy and long life like she led!!!!

My grandma died quick...my Grandfather died after spending 10 years as a vegatable in a nursing home....my dad died after being stricken with cancer....Nana passing naturally is pleasing if that makes sense!! I just wish I could have said good bye, my only regret.

Lats year we tried to get in to see her but with my trailer I couldnt get to where she was...blew it off this year because she was doing fine and we had planned to be back down there this summer (cant kick yourself for this crap it happens)

I will have to remember her like I always knew her...laughing and smiling:p

ZeroLogic
07-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss Pappy.

She lived a very long life and witnessed some of the greatest events in history. God speed.

Pappy
07-05-2009, 09:06 PM
I did a quick search and when she was born, the US of A hadnt even built the naval base at Pearl Harbor! The things she witnessed ....crazy when you think of it.

It is kind of funny, because she was always a lady. Even when we went to a non fancy resturant she would have on her sunday best. She was old, and when the waitresses would coddle to her she would snap to and quickly inform them that she could cook circles around thier chef:p She had her wits till the end, something I hope to have. After watching my grandad call out for his momma for 10 years ...id rather eat a bullet

SRH
07-05-2009, 11:14 PM
My Nana passed away, she was 100 years old. Only member of my family outside of my brothers that I would care to be with, truly a remarkable women.

ken, sorry for your loss, it sucks things worked out like that with the family, most people are fortunate to have 50 yrs, they dont build many like that! id kill to have 100 myself

tri5ron
07-06-2009, 12:36 AM
....Nana passing naturally is pleasing if that makes sense!! I just wish I could have said good bye, my only regret. (cant kick yourself for this crap it happens)

I will have to remember her like I always knew her...laughing and smiling:p

Actually Pappy, It makes ALOT of sense to me.
and don't regret anything. She will still hear you when you talk to her, just like always.
and dont be surprized when she answers back with that laugh and smile that always made you feel so good.

She's STILL your Nana.
She will STILL bring you comfort.

and She STILL will enjoy hearing you talk to her,
Thats what made her smile.

gcart2
07-06-2009, 05:03 AM
man i feel for u, just remember shes in a better place.

i understand her passing peacefully. my father died at 36 of a heart attack doing what he loved, flying his plane.

All you can do is let the thought of her death go, and if you have to keep it, think about how peaceful it was.:)

Eviltanker
07-06-2009, 05:54 AM
My condolences on your loss. My thoughts go out to you and your family.