PDA

View Full Version : 450 oil problem please help quick

i151
07-05-2009, 11:32 AM
ok so i completely rebuilt my 450 motor. split the cases replaced everything that was wore.

i noticed a week ago at the race track that theres no oil in the sight glass on the stator side. But when you drain the oil its not low on oil.

when i change the oil its fine (the sight glass shows its perfect) and when i start it up and engage the clutch its smooth, but after the atv warms up the clutch becomes really jerky and engages instantly instead of slipping and taking off easy.

and another thing. when i drain the oil i have to drain it from the left side, and then i had to take the clutch cover off to get the rest out..

anyone ever heard of anything like this??

oil pump?
the one way oil valve in between the cases?

theres a big local race next weekend and i need to fix it by then even if i have to split the cases tomorrow or next day

ppeengines
07-06-2009, 02:06 AM
Are you draining both oils? The engine side and the clutch side? Drain the oil for the engine right underneath the engine, and to drain the clutch its right under the front sprocket on the side of the case.

i151
07-06-2009, 08:51 AM
yea i've drained both sides. i did forget to mention this is a hybrid (crf) motor