PDA

View Full Version : Flywheel Lightening

Wheelie
07-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Who did yours? How much did it cost? How much weight was removed?

After I have this done, I think I'll be out of mods to do to the old girl.

07-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Wheelie
After I have this done, I think I'll be out of mods to do to the old girl.

What? No 460 stroker or FST 500 stroker:p

MtnEX
07-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Flywheel lightening would likely just be a trade-off mod for a 400EX.

It would probably wind up faster, but at the cost of loosing some of the thumper grunt.

I know guys with 450 dirtbikes who have had flywheel weights added to their bikes.

drew416ex
07-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by MtnEX
Flywheel lightening would likely just be a trade-off mod for a 400EX.

It would probably wind up faster, but at the cost of loosing some of the thumper grunt.

I know guys with 450 dirtbikes who have had flywheel weights added to their bikes.

I did mine and didnt loose any grunt, but it deff winds up faster. I cant remember how much I took off. THere is a article somewhere on here that tells you how much you can take off, but I didnt go to the extreme they did.

nakomis0
07-05-2009, 09:07 AM
If I remember correctly we took 9oz off mine. I just had that thing off and was thinking about taking a picture, but... ya didn't happen.

Its a great mod, I pulled mine myself and it cost me like $30 to get it lightened.

You do have to watch out about taking too much off as it will never idle and stall alot.

I would also pay more for someone who knows what they are doing. its fairly cheap, even if you had to pay something like $75 its cheap and worth it.